What do you want for the future?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rosyrain, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Quite simply put, what do you want for your future? Right now I am kind of at the re evaluating phase of my life and have been asking myself this very question. I have been feeling lost and need to figure out just want I want for the future.

Investing money is one of the big things that I want to be able to do, and this forum is helping me out a lot with information. I also want to buy a house and settle down into somewhere that I can call home. I have done a lot of moving throughout my adult life. On top of it all, I just want a sense of security in that everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

I want to get off the grid and live a simple life away from all the urban pressures. Just get away from the grind of everyday living and forget about investments and taxes. Live off the land and be free for once in my life.

3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Well, I have been hoping I could create my own blog and succeed at it soon. I have been trying to find a way to work while I'm at home taking care of my family so for now this is my focus and I'm trying hard to work at it.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Good question. I guess right now it's 3 goals for the next few years: find a great job, manage to figure out a few things with my girlfriend and to buy my own house in a few years. When those are taken care of, I'm sure other goals will be made. One step at a time, one step at a time.

5. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

My main goal to the future is to get a bigger and better place for me and the family. We love the location we live in, but we do need more space, so I am working in that direction, to be able to afford a new place.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

The main aim for me is to make enough money now, so I can retire early and not have to worry about anything financially. This might sound a bit superficial to a lot of people but we all need money to live right?

7. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I like all of your answers and it seems that we all pretty much have the same goals in mind...get a house or a nicer one, have peace within our families, and earn enough so that we do not have to worry about retirement. Sounds like the American dream in a nutshell...sort of!

8. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

I'm looking to earn enough to set myself and my family up to live comfortably. I've a good job and a good life so far. Pretty optimistic about stuff! I'm hoping to earn enough to start up my own little restaurant and try that out!

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Nothing superficial about that. If you can retire early then that gives you more time to enjoy the things you love to do... and money helps with that too since most activities do end up costing a little.

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Planning for the future doesn't interest me anymore. I want to enjoy my life and live a day at a time. I'll deal with things as they come. While planning for the future certainly is great, it's not for everyone. Or at least, that isn't for me.