What do you want for the future?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rosyrain, Jun 10, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I'd like to be able to live from day to day, and while I do to a certain extent, I think everybody needs some sort of a plan. A goal to aim for because before you know it life might have passed you by and you might end up regretting thing that you haven't done.

2. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

I want to travel around the world and live happy with no financial problems. I want to relax and to have peace in life.

3. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I'm currently looking to open my own business, develop it to its highest peak, sell it and live my entire life off of the money I got. I really don't care what it would become afterwards, I just want to live a life without any stress, and don't deny that you wouldn't want to do the same, haha. Though till that, it takes a lot of time, effort and sweat... probably also non-achievable.

4. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Guest

I recently purchased 10 acres in a beautiful area of Colorado just outside the mountains up at 7,000+feet in altitude. My dream for the future and actually I am working of starting it right away, is building a house on my property out of recycled materials such as wooden pallets, old tired, aluminium cans and whatever else I can recycle into this project. I am planning on building my own solar panels to put on the roof, as well as building my own wind turbines to power the property. I want to be 100% off the grid.

My biggest challenge is the fact that this agricultural property happens to have an HOA and I am required to have any and all plans go through them before I can act of them. Regardless, I am really excited about doing this because it has been my dream for many years!

5. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

Ah, the future... To be honest I don't think that much about it. Mostly, I just want to live happily the next day. Also, I'd like to move to a bigger house, so eventually that is my material goal.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I think most people want the same out of life, obviously nobody can predict the future, but what we can do is set some goals and targets in place to try and make sure we get what we want.

7. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I'm not sure yet... But I currently want to graduate, work doing the things I like...maybe in a mental institution or as an stylist, or both! I'm planning to live with my boyfriend too, I want to travel with him and just live a little bit.

8. norms options

norms options Well-Known Member

Yes, the future... This is really hitting home for me at this point in my life. I have had the same career for about 25 years now, and am becoming concerned that I may not be able to physically continue to do it as long as I will need to till I can retire. So, the primary goal for me is to figure out what to go into next that will allow me to work for another 15 to 20 years comfortably and continue earning enough to grow my retirement. Obviously, a secondary goal for my future is to build a retirement portfolio, which is one reason I am glad to have found this forum. There are lots of interesting ideas on here and they may prove to help me get to my goals sooner. Thanks!! Another goal I have set for my future is to build a separate investment account that I can use to trade options and other strategies to grow my personal holdings at a faster rate. If I can successfully accomplish this to the degree that I hope for, it will probably satisfy both of the other 2 goals listed.

9. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I want the loons of the left to stay out of my wallet. I don't want those who worship at the feet of Alinsky-Cloward-Piven to rule for another 4/8 years.

10. JelDiosana

JelDiosana New Member

So far, I would like to know if I really have an alien blood. If I am really classified as an extraterrestrial? knowing that my physical features are just purely human. I would like to know the truth behind my powers..what is it that makes me special?