What financial TV shows are you watching?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by JulianWilliams, Jan 16, 2015.

1. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliams Well-Known Member

What financial TV shows are you watching? Do they have a good record for the investing advice they give? How often do you watch them? Do you take their advice into consideration when deciding what investments to make?

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

None, I don't really watch TV nowadays. Though I guess in the future if investing becomes a big part of my life then I'll give it a try.

3. eagletal88

eagletal88 Guest

Yeah, can't say I watch any shows around finance either. I don't know but I think sometimes the TV shows like to over hype things either way to increase their ratings. I rather stick with online sites and forums, and always use rational thinking.

4. 2SurviveTheMarket

2SurviveTheMarket Guest

I try to keep CNBC on during the day to catch some quick trades or insight of other events. Mad Money, 6:00 p.m. eastern on CNBC. I used to watch Fox but, Dish and Fox can not come to terms.

5. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

To be honest, I don't watch any. I get my financial news online, some of which have video content, but not television. In fact, I haven't had cable TV in well over a decade because I consider 95%+ of the content on said as both crap and a waste of time. Ever since high speed Internet became available, there was no going back to the boob tube.

6. troutski

troutski Guest

I haven't watched television in quite some time, except for streamed content online. I don't watch any financial shows because I find them incredibly boring and not all that educational. You're far better off using various resources on the Internet to get the same and even better information. It's too much of a hassle dealing with the TV programs where you'll get a lot of information that you don't even want.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I must confess that I have CNBC on from no later than 7am pretty much all day while at the office.

8. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

I used to watch CBS Marketwatch in the morning, I have to leave to early now so I don't get to see it anymore. I do listen to talk radio, we have some local guys that are pretty savvy with small investing and tax work. Most of the larger shows that used to be about the market are all politics now and quite frankly they get nauseating with the same old stuff day in and day out.

I check out some of the opinion stuff online from time to time, other then thats it just straight up facts, press releases and charts.

9. MillionsMercury

MillionsMercury Member

I try to keep CNBC on as much as possible. I like the Closing Bell show and try to watch that every day. I'm not a big fan of Mad Money though. I also love the tv shows they air like The Profit, Shark Tank and American Greed. Resturant Startup is ok too. I also get a lot of my financial news from online.

10. btatro

btatro Member

I have to say, I'm not really a fan of the in-your-face style of Mad Money, but I have learned from watching it. Underneath the 'show' of it all and the yelling, he does have contribute some good information.