What Have You Bought Or Sold Today?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by baudwalk, Dec 6, 2016.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

What stocks, ETFs or options have you bought or sold today, and why? The answers may be useful or interesting to other members of the board. I'm always on the hunt for ideas that might be worthy of a watchlist. What say you?

To kick it off, last week I bought $NKE at an average $50.77. Reading about the consumer discretionary sector being positive, with the Christmas shopping season upon us, listening to several trader discussions on CNBC Halftime Report and Fast Money, and looking at both research report numbers and competition, I'm thinking that the YTD -23% slide is unwarranted.

I occasionally sell covered calls for income. Last Friday my $MRK 62.50 calls expired, and I collected the premium and kept the shares. Today I put on another $62.50 call expiring January 20. Giddyup.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Dec 7: Bought 500 $MT and sold 5 Jan 20 calls against it. Steel and coal mining seemingly affected by the Trump rally. If the call expires, +4.4%; if called +7.8%. Let's boogie.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

4. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Dec 8: Bought 200 $P @ $13.73 looking for sale to SiriusXM or other buyers in the mix. IMO there is enough smoke here to assume there is a fire (unlike $TWTR). Giddyup.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

6. JR Ewing

They did as of a couple of days ago... Oh well, there are several other places in the mall that do. :p

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10955199&camp=SEM:DSG_25474_ecom_nonbrand_406&gclid=CJ_dg_eh6tACFZm6wAodvW8CTg

I added to a small position I have in NCS yesterday - after they pulled back a little over 10% on their earnings report. They have increased their sales in the last year, have a 3 year average earnings growth north of 50%, a healthy cash flow, and lots of strong institutional ownership.

Sold 120 of my 150 shares of UTI @ $3.79 when it jumped up big for no apparent reason. I'm up ~ 150% on this one since I started buying it a little over 4 months ago.

Sold 250 of the remaining 350 shares of SDRL I have yesterday @ $3.80 when it shot up double digits.

Added to a position in TNXP - bought a couple hundred shares on yesterday's pullback after they revealed Thursday that their PTSD drug looks promising. Strong institutional interest here also.

Sold 500 of my 600 shares of OPXA @ $1.35 when it shot up over 50% yesterday on no mews. My cost basis is $0.81 here.

Added a couple hundred shares to a position in tear tester TEAR @ $.48 on yesterday's pullback. Strong sales growth, institutional interest, etc.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. JR Ewing

Sold 100 of my 150 shares of ORIG @ $2.25 on yesterday's double digit % pop on its earnings report. Cost basis is $1.27 here.

Added to my position in ABEO on yesterday's 11% selloff.

Sold 3300 of my 3500 shares of my position in SYRX for $0.60 when it shot up over 100% on no mews ... cost basis is $0.21 here.

Bought a little DTEA on yesterday's big earnings pullback - sales and profits were up, although less than expected (hence the pullback). Strong 3-year revenue growth, and a fair amount of big money is in this one as well.

Took 2/3 of my position in WLDN off the table yesterday - started buying it 13 months ago, cost basis is $7.60, decided to take profits on most of what I hadn't already sold in the $12-13 range on 8/5.

8. JR Ewing

Sold half of the small amount of CONN I have left @ $14.40 on yesterday's pop.

Bought 200 shares of SSH @ $.50 on yesterday's pullback from Thursday's big runup - I sold 2200 of my 2400 shares Thursday for several hundred bucks profit.

Added 100 shares to a small speculative position in ORPN on yesterday's selloff. Ditto for TBIO.

9. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Dec 13: Bought 200 $BAC @ $22.575
    Dec 14: Sold 3 $NKE 170120 C $55

BAC popped on this afternoon's FOMC +25bps announcement. Holding, though, may sell calls on this later on.

Giddyup.

10. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Dec 15: Sold out $DIS on #Starwars #Rogue1 news. Recent history says ~14% decline after December blockbusters.