What is Your Fear?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Life is very funny because we all have something that we fear irrespective of our origin, education or social standing. As I become older, my fear has changed. I am afraid of getting old without lots of money in my retirement fund. When I went back to live in the village with my parents, I saw how desperate a number of elderly persons were without food on their table. What is your fear?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Poverty, violent crime, big government, bad health.

3. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

I worry about the money thing as well but not so much that I would call it a fear. I'm still young so I have the normal ones. The biggest one is really just snakes. They scare me so bad that I used to have nightmares about them. I had a friend in grade school that had a pet snake and I would have vivid dreams of the snake getting out of the cage and crawling up to the top of the bunk bed and under the covers with me. I think the weirdest fear I have heard of was anatidaephobia. It's the fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you. Why, just why?

4. Kael

Kael Guest

I try not to worry or have fears. It is an unhealthy spirit to accept. Having fears stifle people from taking leaps of faith or living their dreams. I strive to be free of worry.

5. Eziospick

Eziospick Guest

I'd have to say river currents from about drowning a year ago in one. The current might look slow and manageable, but once it has you...you're done. I also fear my girlfriend and son dying before me. That's 2 funerals I hope I never weep at. You can always scrape and get by with money if you have a good family to keep you going.

6. jason

jason Guest

I worry about bad health coming on suddenly. I am active and have led a pretty healthy life but I know there are some things beyond my control. I would hate to become very sick at a relatively young age because of some unexpected reason.

7. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I don't have many fears really, I don't think about it, I try to live in the present so usually I am a relaxed person. I think. :)

8. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

wvboarder, my mom has a similar fear of snakes; she will get alert if she is sleepy, if she sees snakes in a program on TV. My dad was teasing her sometime back that he would start rearing snakes in our farm. It changed her mood.

9. Raven82

Raven82 Active Member

Like to think that I took care of the fear of not having enough money and daily I take care of the fear of not having good health but I do fear one thing...Living without my wife or my wife having to live without me. After a miserable money grabbing divorce 18 years ago in the 2001 I found a woman that was smarter than me in everything even money and investing and I've been happy as hell.

10. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I have an irrational fear of heights. Also, ever since I watched shark I can't be in the ocean with dark waters...