What is your overall aim from entering the stock market?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by Investor, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

I believe that everything in life has it's purpose and that you ought to plan, because If you don't plan, you will fail in some areas, say for example, you need money and you buy a stock, or you just have some extra money and decide that instead of using it to buy something with won't be of use to you later, you buy a stock. My question is, as an investor, yes the goal is to get profit, but what is or are your goals when you seek to invest in the stock market?

2. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Depends on the person. I invest because of the challenge. Every time someone makes a dollar, someone loses a dollar. My aim is just to beat you and whoever else. I like the competition part of it, just depends on the person.

3. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

My aim is to always keep my money working for me, no matter how much it is, if my money is just sitting idly, being inflationed away, then I start to get annoyed.

4. GenevB

GenevB New Member

My goal shall be to beat everyone out there. I already started enjoying the game, and I'm pretty sure I can make good profit out of it. Keeping a realistic goal it's what I should do, let's say that my goal it's about 150% from what I invest after a month. I believe it's pretty realistic.

5. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

I am just investing because it creates excitement in daily life and on daily routines and in addition challenges. Also it is a good way to make some extra income besides a full time job.

6. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Guest

I wish that it could just be a game or simple competition. It's nothing but trying to get as much money as I can for retirement.

It's not that I haven't always known how to or where to invest, I just keep having setbacks that don't allow me to or causes me to start over. So yeah, without shame, everything that I do with my money that involves someone else is about trying to flip that money as quickly and efficiently as possible.

7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Longterm above average growth of assets without undue risk.

Keeping taxes and expenses within relatively reasonable limits.

Creating enough wealth over time to live very comfortably and cover any unforseen emergencies or disasters no matter how long I live.

Beyond that, "keeping score". :D

Plus having plenty left over to leave heirs enough to at least take care of themselves regardless of how bad things may get.

8. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

Pretty impressive suggestions guys, thank you, I'm deciding with stock I should buy tomorrow, or, If I should just add to the ones I have already, of course, I have to sit and do the maths, and when that's over, I purchase and hope for the best :) I want to get to the point where I can use my dividends for a single payment in the year as my salary for the whole year, so that I can save my regular salary, seems like I good idea right?

9. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Survival. What do I mean by that? Well, I could fill a book or two. In general, however, is to get a good return on the investment of my assets, to have plenty of reserves set aside for when bad things go down, provide a nice starting fund for my child (and hopefully children), and to provide for a comfortable retirement for me and the Mrs. Modest goals, perhaps, but in this crazy world, who can ask for more? ;)

10. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Haha, survival is hardly my goal, I think that entering the stock market is to aim a superior level of life, it's a risk, but it's not survival related for me.