What is your overall aim from entering the stock market?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by Investor, Oct 23, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Multiplication is what am after most of all, secondly the learning curve of how this market works, when to buy, sell or hold, am thinking instead of my money lying in a fixed deposit somewhere, why not invest it {some of it though} and watch it multiply in droves? :)

2. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even think about investing either if survival is one of the words I think of when looking at money.
    I think that the market is something you should enter only when you have a nice nest egg and are looking to build on it. Only invest what you're willing to lose.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I agree with you guys, when we have enough money aside we can enter the stock market to build it up, never to destroy our life savings.

4. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

Love and respect! I love and respect this answer, very smart and well reasoned, I think so too, I invest not because of the hype of the business i'm investing in but because of how much I can get from it, simply, that is the aim of every business. And every person going into business.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Obviously my aim with my investments is to create as comfortable a life for me and my family, future wife and kids as possible. No one wants to struggle through life or have their family suffer. I make a nice salary, but I'm hoping my investment to allow me to live an even better life. I don't want to have to worry about money when I'm old and retired. I don't want my family to have to worry either.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

"Work hard and smart, live relatively frugally, and invest wisely as much and as often as possible" is a winning formula.

7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

When I do get the chance to enter the stock market I would like to make profit daily. I would also love to work relentlessly and improve my knowledge and skills in the binary options end of the stock market.

8. troutski

troutski Guest

For me, I just enjoy the challenge of investing. I like keeping double digit gains, and I've found that relatively simple this year thanks to a few key stocks. I'm happy as long as I'm not losing or even hemorrhaging money. I've had a lot of up and positive years in the past five years or so, and I'm happy about that fact.

9. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Entering the stock market for me would mean that I would have enough capital to invest and the beginning of a better life, I look forward for that day.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Investing into the right stocks is a challenging thing to do. I am still trying to learn what I can about the investing part of the stock market. I want to learn more about binary options and how to make some money with it. I heard that binary options is supposed to be like gambling if hang around binary options if you hang out.