What Kind of Neighbors do You Have?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

My neighbors do not really talk much since I do not see them too often coming out of their houses. I just say hi whenever they do come out and see me walking down the street.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I live in an apartment complex. And my neighbors, I'm not really a fan of. They make a lot of noise and are generally inconsiderate of what is going on around them. It's pretty disappointing. Can't wait until I move into a new home. I need some peace and quiet.

3. jason

jason Guest

I have neighbors who are respectful and keep to themselves. I have luckily only had problems with one of my previous neighbors. She didn't work a normal schedule as far as I could tell. She lived above me and would have parties late at night during the week. I spent many nights yelling at her and calling the landlord. If you live in a shared building you have to be conscious of your neighbors. Ugh. So glad I do not live there anymore.

4. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

That sounds like a terrible situation, I can't imagine a late night party right above me as I'm trying to sleep.
    Was the landlord able to do anything about it, or was that the reason why she is a former neighbor?

5. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Lucky for you, sometimes, getting a hi out of me is like telling me to drop down and do 100 push ups with one hand...difficulty rate; 100%...because you'll try that 'hi' on a person and they'll wonder what language that is!

6. Profit5500

That is what I get for a reaction from some people around. I do not see the neighbors very much and going over to their houses for me is non-existent. I only try to stay in my own zone when it comes to the neighbors.

7. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Wow, how do you cope with that kind of noise happening above your head? I moved out from a place I lived in some time back because I got tired of hearing my upstairs neighbor dropping stuff on my ceiling (her floor) it would wake me up at odd times. Please I honestly want to know how you handle this.

8. dianethare

Talking of 'strangers'...i live next door to one...we've lived next to each other for like three years...what a long time and i don't even have her number...and am more content like that!...at the end of the day, more familiarity will produce contempt!...i miss the days when i was young, people were more friendly and more united...i guess new actions, new outcomes...got to blame technology somehow :(

9. dianethare

Yikes!...i have just remembered, sometimes i do take on that behavior, living in a rural area, i got this urge to smash insects that show up in my house {attracted to bright light} in the wee hours of the morning...i hope my down neighbor doesn't get a heart failure from that...i 'll try to lessen the thud whilst smashing the bitty thing up {insect} :D

10. Profit5500

I do not blame you for trying to move. If you got neighbors like that then its time to go. I think its pointless having to put up with neighbors like that when they are not considerate.