What Kind of Neighbors do You Have?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Aug 26, 2014.

1. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I try not to associate too much with neighbors. Some of them seem like nice enough people but I have had my share of bad neighbor experiences so I like to keep to myself. One the ladies that lives next to us comes and visits my partner while I'm at work. She is always wanting him to fix something for her or take her somewhere. She never comes around when I am home.

2. norms options

norms options Well-Known Member

I would say that I am blessed with very good neighbors. I live in a middle class neighborhood, and there are four houses (2 across the street, and 1 on each side) and then mine makes five, and we all kind of look out for each other, but we respect each others privacy is well. It is a delicate balance to feel like you have neighbors that will be there if you need them, but they also let you live without interference the majority of the time.

3. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Most of my neighbors are nice and friendly but there's this one particular neighbor who I think is not just hated by me but by our other neighbor as as well. Our lives were peaceful and carefree before this neighbor together with his family built their house close to ours. This neighborhood is generally peaceful and quiet, not used to the noise and shouting of very inconsiderate people like them. They would often fight and shout at each other and they're just too many. They're a super extended family and it's just so irritating because they're just too untidy and violent. I really hate them. Most of the other neighbors also hate them. Just the other night, one of my good neighbors told me he heard a loud gunshot coming from my unlikable neighbors house. It turned out he was drunk and was again firing his gun irresponsibly. Sometimes I would even fear for my family's life because of this neighbor because my mother has even gotten into a heated argument with him years ago and since then, our family has never been into speaking terms with them. It's such a headache!

4. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I have never seen the inside of my neighbor's house as he tends to keep to himself. I give him a fruits basket every Christmas though but he still doesn't invite me in. I really can't complain though as he's very quiet and and his house is well-kept I just really hate him for not inviting me to his house when I've invited him atleast once.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

We are lucky to live in a street where the neighbors are quiet except for one. And that one is really a pain in the neck. Since our street is a cul-de-sac, there's not much vehicles that traverse our road. That neighbor would sometimes put a table to occupy half of the road and hold their drinking session there with beeer and even a barbecue right in the middle of the road. We sometimes feel that they are testing our patience. But we just try to ignore so that a misunderstanding will not start animosities.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

My neighbors are a mixture of gun happy rednecks and super loud Mexicans. I love em all and they all get along.