What type of music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by dianethare, May 23, 2015.

1. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

Any type of music except for Rap. It's nice but I really don't like it and the lyrics of the songs are the first thing when it comes to music. I love good music with a good lyrics.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I listen to quite a broad range of music, from hip hop and rap, all the way through to rock and indie music. A lot of people's music taste will change as they get older but for me, my style of music hasn't really changed at all from when I was a young kid.

3. Calamity

Calamity Member

I listen to a lot of music, so my taste is pretty varied. I'm a big of classic rock, electronica, and Sinatra era stuff. I also listen to some pop music, and indie rock. Overall I like a ton of different types of music and I'll even listen to a variety of foreign music. Though I despise rap music. The subject matter is incredibly low brow, and trashy. The only rap I do like is German rap.

4. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

I've been loving listening to chillout music. Very celestial and opera like. Amazing after a long day of work.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I don't listen to music much. Music has progressively got worse and having tried virtually all genres hoping to find one that is better than the other I lost interest in music but since I need some inspiration from time to time I'll listen to Gospel music. The old fashioned Gospel music not what they have on the market these days.

6. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Guest

I enjoy listening to a rather vast array of music. I love classic rock such as the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Kansas, Pink Floyd, Styx, Supertramp and then I like some Folk music such as Gordon Lightfoot. I am very much into American Native music and I absolutely love Celtic! Sometimes I enjoy listening to nature and spiritual music to relax me while I am working and writing or just trying to meditate.

7. prr98

prr98 Member

Me too! I listened to a lot of rap when i was younger but now i can't stand it. :D

8. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Just curious, is there a particular reason for that?

9. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

I was similar! In my experience it's just the association of either bad memories or bad experiences. I still enjoy a little Eminem, but that's pretty much it.

10. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I had a classic period in which I had over 200 CDs of classical music. I also attended some operas, but these are a little boring. Now I mostly listen to commercial music on the radio.