What US traded equities will benefit from the TPP.

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by ScooterBrandon, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

I'm sure you all know that the TPP was passed.
    This is one hell of a trade deal.
    Even though we don't actually have all the details (considering it was a secret deal) and the only details we have are the ones released to the media or the ones available via Wikileaks.

Which American companies do you think will be able to sell more exports, and therefor make more money?
    Now might be a great time to get into them.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

I don't have insights to those companies benefiting from the Trans-Pacific Partnership deal, but I found a couple of articles that shed light on the TPP. The forthcoming fight between the White House and Congress should be quite something. And add in Hillary's stumping for the TPP while SOS, now subject to criticism in the political campaign, the game is afoot.

What particularly attracted my attention was the side agreement described by Bloomberg: "As a sidebar to the largest trade pact in two decades, the U.S. and 11 other Pacific Rim countries agreed not to manipulate foreign-exchange rates and to consult on monetary policies." Further, both the World Bank and the IMF have urged the Fed to hold off raising rates to avoid a problem of capital fleeing poorer developing countries for higher rates of return in the USA. From my perspective, this seems just an additional piece of the Fed's thinking leading to the no-decision in September and probably no rate change until well into 2016 at the earliest.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

4. Penny

Penny Well-Known Member

Is it a flop to represent the President when working as his proxy in an international negotiation, but speak for yourself when outlining what you would do in the roll of President.

IMHO Hillary's person point of view was pretty apparent throughout.