What will Apple do with all their money?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by missbishi, Jan 29, 2015.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

They are currently repurchasing shares each and every quarter. So yes, it's happening. And it might even be increased as they do need a place for that cash.

2. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

That's a hefty sum but Apple knows what's best for their company so I'm sure they'll soon find a suitable investment strategy for their growing money. They could give back to the poor if they also want to.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Another all-time high. :D

4. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

Apple definitely has a goal whenever it comes to getting their money and where to put it. They will just probably not do anything that is overly innovative due to the fact that all of the most recent ******s have been really the same product, but just a little bit different. But hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5. AtlantaSports

I doubt Apple would give back to the poor. Steve Jobs might have personally because of his background, but since he has been deceased, I doubt the company will do anything like that.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

It's not really a company's job to donate to charity. A company is made to somehow benefit it's owners, often financially. If those owners want to help they can donate all they want from their own income that they get from the company. (like many do) There are some companies which participate in charity events but I think it's mostly to raise the image of the company.

7. AtlantaSports

That is exactly what I mean. I agree with you. What I am saying is that I have not seen Apple really donate anything ever. Maybe I have not been paying attention or maybe I have just been blind but I have not see Apple act charitably.