What will happen in Ferguson?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by ally79, Nov 9, 2014.

1. ally79

ally79 Guest

Supposedly the grand jury finding in Ferguson will be released in the next few days. The information that has been released make it sound as though there will be no indictment for the office. If the officer is not indicted, what do you think will happen?

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I figured it would come out that the shooting was justified. The video taken of the kid strongarm robbing the store clerk a few minutes earlier, the size difference between the kid and the cop, the cop having a clean 6 year record, the evidence of the fight...

And the obvious bullshit contradictory stories told by his robbery accomplice - who had a prior history of lying to the police - about the kid either being shot in the back as he was running away OR being shot "execution style" in the head as he "kneeled down with his hands up"... after the cop supposedly grabbed the much bigger person by the shirt from inside his cop car as the kid stood outside of the driver's side door... that made no logical sense.

It will get very, very bad there. And I think there will be at least a few nuts here and there across the country who will be trying to get "justice" on their own.

Be very careful folks.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The problem is the Ferguson community thinks it has been unfairly targeted by the police in the past and they wanted something to be done whether the officer who shot Brown was guilty or not. But reforming the Ferguson police will take more than indicting an innocent man. Ferguson residents should know that. In any case, courts can't be influenced by emotions and demands for 'injustice.' I'm sure it's non-residents who will be heading [off] to Ferguson to stir up trouble . . . again.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I definitely think we need to be concerned about this situation. I think the likely hood is very high that the cop is going to be let off in this case. There are just too many suspicious factors. I think it's pretty likely that Michael Brown was the aggressor. Unfortunately, in cases like this a lot of people don't care to look at the facts. They are driven by emotion. Not to mention all the charlatans who feed into that and exploit the ignorant. It's really sad. I'm expecting the worst out there. I expect some violence to take place.

5. Baptized

Baptized New Member

Our Government and Lawmakers have let this get way out of hand. The call 4 violence should have been stopped long ago. These type of Racists only feel emboldened by passive treatment. Enough with this Molly Coddling! If it starts, come down hard & put an end too it. Calling for trial of an innocent Police Officer is Ludicrous & Un-America.

6. ally79

ally79 Guest

I also think that the shooting was justified and that the cop will not be indicted. I honestly hope that he has made plans for heand his family to leave the area because I do not think that they will be safe there at all.

7. gmckee1985

The media is going to have blood on it's hands if and when things turn ugly in Fergeson. There have been a lot of incidents between the police and the residents down there. If they let the cop off without being indicted I think there is going to be a hell storm. A hell storm created in part by the media. Who has seemed to revel is agitating the people down there and encouraging them, and leading them astray with questionable reporting. They bear a big responsibility for the situation down there.

8. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I would have figured he and his family would have already gone far away before nightfall that very day of the incident and not come back. But apparently that didn't happen. Hopefully they have finally gone.

He'll probably need to change his name, appearance, profession, etc - unless they can perhaps go to some remote area far, far away where it's likely no one of the type to seek "justice" on him would be able to find him or have the resources to get to where he is.

9. ally79

ally79 Guest

Agreed JR, maybe he should check out Alaska?!? I am not positive about this, but I think that the news reported that his wife or fiance was expecting their first child. I am not sure if the office has to attend the reading of the grand jury indictment, but at the very least he should have her safely established somewhere else.

10. gmckee1985

Yeah, there's no way this guy can stay in Fergeson. Someone will get to him and kill him in some misguided idea of "justice". Much like George Zimmerman, he'll have to fear for his life as long as he lives. I suspect he and his family will have to remove somewhere pretty remote. But with the way information is available on the internet it may not matter anymore. I wish the best for him and his family.