What will happen in Ferguson?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by ally79, Nov 9, 2014.

1. ally79

ally79 Guest

I thought they were going to release the findings today, but then I read that the grand jury is giving law enforcement 48 hours notice before they go public with it. I guess we will see what happens in the next couple of days.

2. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

All the facts point to a justifiable shooting. The deceased strong arm robbed a liquor store, tackled and officer of the law, struggled for his gun in the cruiser no less, got shot once inside, and then several times outside. Frankly, what the heck do you expect to go down if you do that? Don't get me wrong, its heartbreaking that someone that young is gone. On the other side, the hell the officer is going through right now is likely immeasurable.

What will happen after the verdict? My crystal ball is in the shop, so I can't say. Here's hoping cooler heads provide. Sadly, so often the crazies (of all stripes) steer the conversations in this country, so I fear bad things may be going down. If you are in that area, be safe!

3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

There will be rioting and all kind of crazy stuff, if thee police man is not indicted, that should be expected.

4. ally79

ally79 Guest

Well, he wasn't and there have been. riots not just in Ferguson but across the country as well. I think most of the other demonstrations outside of Ferguson have been largely peaceful though. You will always have a few bad apples, but on the whole people have been behaving.