What would be your reaction?

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by dianethare, Mar 26, 2015.

1. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

This is right up there with these places that people get into and had at some point someone that had set up a meth operation. The amount of terrible residues that are left can harm future residents and owners for years. What is sad is in some cases they have no idea what happened and they can end up with serious health effects for years. Sadly it is the young children and the elderly that suffer the most. The chemicals that are used and dumped in the drains and grounds are just frightening.

To actually leave a bomb is just criminal, for every bad person that does crap like this there are hundreds of decent people that actually do more for a property then the owners do at times. I hope that the person that did this gets what is coming to them.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

@Rainman, you ask why someone would do this?!...i stopped asking that question after encountering 3 tenants from hell, it made me, hire agents to deal with the mess that tenants can be at times, some tenants can force you to lick the very ground they walk on...been there, done that!!...an evil mind is a disaster awaiting to explode :(

3. dianethare

I want to see those decent people of whom you talk of...because in my case, decent people are rare and almost extinct, with the current state of the world, decency is way out of the door...well said @ My401K...justice should be slapped on them mightily! On the subject of meth, i never knew it can be that detrimental to passive non-users?!

4. dianethare

That's insane... putting beans down drains?!...well i've been down that path of being done for queer things just to spite me but you know what Karma always comes through for me...every time, i always tell them that its alright, you go ahead, make your day and hurt me but i'm going to be the one having the last laugh :)

5. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Those tenants are absolute criminals. I just wonder if they have already been caught. What if they have done criminal acts in the past too? Their action of planting an explosive device into a place where they have lived in for some time is not an act a sane and normal person would do. I could just imagine how the landlord felt upon finding out about the bomb.

6. dianethare

The landlord was livid obviously... I know I'd be too... fortunately I understand they were caught and await their case to be heard...I hope they get what's coming their way, may karma intervene as well.

7. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

Wow! The word, "evil" just doesn't cut it! This is insane, illegal and really warrants some follow-up if you ask me!
    If I had been that landlord, I wouldn't just leave it there! I couldn't!
    I would have the tenant reported, because obviously that person has intentions that go beyond the normal human being! They mirror a cold-hearted killer who could easily try and "run this" again with some future landlord!
    There must be some way to have his/her actions reported, and then have him/her be held accountable, because the fact that no life was lost shouldn't undermine the seriousness of the threat that was posed.
    Thank you for sharing this. I pray I don't encounter something/someone as sinister and downright wicked as this tenant!

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

While I know that there are bad tenants everywhere, I do think that this is a bit extreme, and it's something that's a bit out of the ordinary. Next time I have to evict somebody, it certainly wouldn't make me start checking the house for bombs, put it that way.

9. dianethare

Well, for me, after reading that article, it's forced me to be particular with the type of tenants I have, this article is a reminder that we need to know who we are in association with and how they react when angry!

10. Sandra

Sandra Active Member

Wow this is serious! Even if the tenants had a bad experience living at the house or with the landlord, that was no way of trying to get back at him. That was a threat to the lives of future tenants who would have been innocent. It's really sad that people can be that heartless but I'm happy that the threat was discovered before causing any injuries or death.