What would be your reaction?

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by dianethare, Mar 26, 2015.

1. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

Wonder if they have already been caught? I googled it but couldn't find any more on it. There are so many tenants from help out there. Not all tenants are bad but after watching something like this it makes you want to be very careful about who you rent to. Things could have ended so much differently.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

There are several cases here of victiming landlords. One is a house rented by a foreigner that later on was transformed into a drug laboratory that manufactures cocaine. Another is a big house that was used as storaged for stolen cars. Things like that can happen to landlords so they are always warned whenever there would be news reports similar to that. One time there was an apartment rented by a guy only to use that apartment to dig a tunnel to the nearby pawnshop. They were successful in stealing jewelries and valuables... the culprits were not caught, leaving the apartment in shambles and in ruins.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

There's been a few stories like that, and in the UK in the 50's and 60's when crimes of that nature were rife, there would be many times that a property would be rented near a bank or jewellers, only for it to be a place to gain access to them.

4. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

The wise thing is to call the police and leave it in their hand, no way I'd advance against someone that did that.

5. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

Wow I hope the renter went after the former tenants. That's crazy and they had to have done that on purpose. I'm glad no one was hurt.