What's an odd hobby of yours?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Yosh, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Roxcon

Roxcon Member

I, too, enjoy papercrafting! Though it's something I do very occasionally since it's so time consuming. I also quite enjoy making things with fuse beads, those plastic cylinder things you put on a pegboard and melt with an iron. I'm avoiding the term "bead sprites" because I actually make a lot of 3D ones! It's great fun, and something I don't think many people partake in...

One last thing: I collect metal objects. From the street. If I see one I'll pick it off the ground. Been doing it less recently as well, but sometimes I just can't help myself!

2. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Hey there fellow paper crafter!

Oh gosh, I remember those beads. The ones I used to use when I was younger would fuse together by spraying the beads with water. Turns out they contained a chemical 1,4-butanediol, which can then be metabolised into gamma-hydroxybutric acid, commonly known as the date rape drug. Yep, this children's toy could be used as a date rape drug. They were quickly recalled. I thing that happened in 2007!

3. Nujabes

Nujabes Member

Oh, don't get me into this one! Two of some of my "oddest", or least common hobbies are musical composition and shopping for things online that I will actually never buy. I play a whole slew of instruments, so if I have nothing else to do on a lazy weekend, I'll pull em out, start a tempo, record it all in similar keys, and put it together in Logic Pro X. Some of it, I'm actually proud of. The rest is quite weird and silly. As for online shopping, it's to deal with the fact that I may WANT some home decor / clothing, but I really just don't have to buy it (despite the fact that, yes, I do want it).

4. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Oh the pain of browsing all the nice things I wish i could have. Unfortunately, life has a budget x3.

I think it's really cool to make your own music though!

5. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

Hmm, I actually have one hobby that I myself consider odd, but others in my entourage don't and they think it's truly great, haha...
    So, long story short, there's a site called creeppypasta.com which depicts thousands of short horror stories for avid readers, and it gets updated daily. So, what I do is take random stories from there and try to mix the characters and storyline into a single one in order to make my own horror story that I usually sell into the form of a ebook, haha. I've made some money from it, so if you're up to this thing, do it. I'm out of it anyway, I don't fear competition, haha.

6. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

I love reading creepypastas in my free time! How long would you make a typical story?