What's the last movie you saw in a theater?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by jason, Sep 28, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Last movie I saw in theaters was Lucy. Starring Scarlet Johanson. The critics didn't seem to think much of it but I thought it was a pretty well done sci fi thriller. A little short in length but it was entertaining nonetheless. Definitely worth the price of admission.

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

The last movie i saw in a theater was I AM LEGEND...i prefer watching movies at home than at the theater, i feel more comfortable and at ease whilst watching a movie in the house as opposed to the theater :).

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

...Again, you've read my mind on why i prefer watching movies in the house than at the theater, unless its a date-based thing, saving and being frugal come to mind here. :).

4. workinglady20

workinglady20 Well-Known Member

The last movie I saw in a theater is The Fault In Our Stars which was a surprise from a friend I went to school with. I don't go to the movie theater a lot but when I do go it's a fun time and worth the money. I did enjoy that movie and I'm looking forward to going to a movie theater again some other time to watch something else that I'm interested in seeing. I really love movies so going to the theater once in a while is a treat for me and I also watch movies at home as well.

5. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

The last movie that I saw in the theatre was in last December and it was the best mans holiday, it was such a touchy movie, I would not say it was a happy movie, rather I would say it was a sad movie.

6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Around the end of September I went to go and see the movie called "Equalizer" which was based on a classic. I thought Denzel did awesome portraying his character. I noticed that Denzel's character in the movie "Equalizer" did not really carry any guns nor needed any to use except for certain parts for persuasion.

7. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

The last movie I saw was The Guardians of the Galaxy. And that was last July, it was a great movie. I recommend it if you haven't watched it yet.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Went to see Gone Girl over the past weekend. Definitely was a pleasant surprise. I don't enjoy most Ben Afleck movies but this was certainly a good one. Thrilling from start to finish. Really keeps you guessing. It's a pretty twisted and dark movie. But it's one that is definitely worth checking out.

9. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I watched the movie "Her" and it was pretty amazing, a social criticism to dating and relationships, I recommend it.