What's the one thing you'd love to say to someone that is opposed to what you believe?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by TaurusHorns, Mar 27, 2016.

1. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

If I had the opportunity to do it I probably wouldn't say anything. I'm trying to learn from other people's perspectives, it's pretty interesting as long as they aren't directly offending you, you just have to stay with open ears and mind and try to learn as much as possible from it, because that's what life's about, learning to respect other people.

2. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

To be honest I respect everyone's own beliefs, but if someone was in a cult then I would say something and try to help them leave and to see sense. I don't get too involved with conflicts of opinions, because I know many people aren't able to separate facts from personal bias or influences.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I'd be interested in what exactly defines the line between a religion such as Christianity or Islam and a cult.
    Merriam-Webster dictionary defines "cult" as

• : a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous
    • : a situation in which people admire and care about something or someone very much or too much
    • : a small group of very devoted supporters or fans

So basically the only difference I see is the size of the followers.