What's your poison?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Yosh, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

So, what's your favourite drink? Why?

(Alcoholic or not, either's fine!)

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Crown Royal and Diet Coke with a splash of lime. Because it tastes great and feels sooo good.

3. Nujabes

Nujabes Member

Well, I'm not into alcohol / wine at all (call me odd if you wish, I just don't like the idea of destroying my body) - and call me soft for saying this, but non-sweetened green tea is by go to choice; all day, everyday. It boosts my metabolism, gives me lots of energy, and I'm definitely into its antioxidant effects. At first, to someone that isn't used to something with such a taste (I can't even describe it as anything other than stale-ish), it'll be like trying to eat a piece of cardboard, but sticking to it (much like one does with coffee) will give you that acquired taste.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I used to be quite a heavy drinker but nowadays I have calmed down a lot. So right now it's probably just a good beer or a glass of red wine.

5. Diana Smith

Diana Smith Guest

I don't drink alcohol of any kind because when I have ever had any, even a small amount I have gotten sick to my stomach. I have never been drunk in my entire life and do not wish to. Instead I enjoy fruit smoothies that I make out of my own organic fresh fruit. Often I will add some vegetables to them as well for the extra vitamins that they provide and it really does not change the taste at all. I also enjoy an iced coffee now and them as well as a healthy cuppa herbal or green tea.

I have always been the designated driver for my friends because they know that I do not partake in the consumption of alcohol.

6. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

A couple of cold beers at home on a Friday night, that's my poison. I'll occasionally enjoy a glass of Hennessy or Remy Martin if I am feeling flush but in general, I am happy with beer.

7. Roxcon

Roxcon Member

I love love love apple soda! Since it's hard to come by in the United States, I'll have apple cider. My group of friends is particularly fond of Martinelli's apple cider, which we call "golden dreams."

8. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member

Ah, can't beat a flavour like that. You've good taste! Personally i love a mix of licor 43, lime and vanilla coke. It's such a soft sweet taste!

9. Sunflogun

Sunflogun Well-Known Member

I love sangria, especially in the summer, it's something totally refreshing and with a summer mood. For winter, eventually natural juices serve me fine.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

When it comes to alcohol I'm a simple person. I like a few beers, the usual stuff like Budweiser and Coors is what I drink usually.

Every now and again I will have a couple of glasses of Jack Daniels, with ice. The trouble is if I start on that before I know it the bottles gone...and I'm not getting up in a good mood the next day! Haha