Where Are You Heading?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by gracer, May 25, 2015.

1. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

We are now in the 2nd quarter and over a month from now we're done with half of the year. Investments have been up and down as usual. I'd like to know, where are you heading with your investments right now? Are you positive about the current economic condition in your country right now?

2. Value Prophet

Value Prophet Member

Hi gracer, my portfolio is overall in positive territory. It's mainly my Australian mining related shares that are on the down-side (some quite down :), but I'm not concerned. I'm in this for the long-game, so short-term slumps don't worry me (will probably look to buy more Aussie mining shares when I see the turn-around coming). New Zealand economy (where I live) still looks ok.

3. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

I am trying to head towards more financial independence where I am not dependent on the big man for a pay cheque. Now days in an era of political correctness you can get fired from your job for just making a politically incorrect post on facebook. The higher status your job the greater danger this will happen. Plumbers and taxidrivers actually have the most job stability. They can make all the politically incorrect comments they want and no one cares :)

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

So far I've continued to slowly add to my portfolio. Some new buys as well as adding to existing positions in several companies. Will probably continue along the same path.. markets go up and down but my dividend income always goes up so all is good! :)

5. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

So glad to hear things are working up for you guys! :) My family has been investing more on agriculture and food and so far things are also doing okay. I guess positivity is the key to all turn abouts and economic ups and downs.