Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Education' started by Thejamal, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat. Learning as I go. I dont want to jump into the deep end with sufficient knowledge. Investing comes with a lot of reading, that's how it works. I've ordered a few books, but am still waiting for them to arrive. As of now I am spending a lot of time researching online.

2. firelily99

firelily99 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all who posted on where to go to learn more and what to read. Its a really good list and one that I have already started in on.

3. JackHark

JackHark Active Member

Yeah I just read through the thread, and there are some excellent pointers. Thanks everyone!

4. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

I've gotten through most of Investing for Dummies as well. Not as good as the Buffet essays IMO (and obviously), but still some great basic knowledge. Another read I recommend to fellow beginners!

5. JackHark

JackHark Active Member

Thanks I'll have to keep that in mind. I'll pick it up when I'm next near book store.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

How is Investing for Dummies? I've been reading through the Buffet Essays right now and was thinking about picking that up afterwards but I'm not sure if it will have any new information for me.

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I think that the "for Dummies" is a pretty neat collection, I think they have books on all areas so we cannot expect a very deep knowledge, but to start with I think it can be a good one. If you have some knowledge don't go for it though.

8. JackHark

JackHark Active Member

I've used their books to gain a good baseline of knowledge in other areas of life, so I can imagine that the investing one is just as good a place to start.

9. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Guest

Glad you posted this question. I would also like to get into buying a few stocks myself and would love to learn the tricks of trade so that I not ill prepared.

10. teastocks

teastocks Well-Known Member

I have been trying to research how to get into stock and it seems like the more that I research the more that I just get frustrated. I would really like to get started and some of the resources that are listed in this thread have been helpful thus far. I know that stock trading is really risky and that you would have to really learn how to look at the markets. I just want to know as well what is a good amount of money to begin testing the waters to begin trading?