Where Do You Get Your Investment Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Buyonthedips, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

The beauty of investing in listed companies is the fact that information can come from so many different angles. Where do you get your investment ideas?

2. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

I read the press, look for shares hitting new highs and new trends in the market. There is no one specific place where I get my ideas from and to be honest I probably only choose to invest in one out of every 10 shares that I research.

3. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Active Member

Read the press, new trends of the market and after all the location. I mostly enchanted by the places.

4. J_C_Anderson

J_C_Anderson Senior Investor

It all depends on situation. For sure, it is important to read newsfeeds looking for ideas, but sometimes it would be better to check the list of today`s hot stocks (top gainers + highest volume) and then check the reason of such movement. It could be useful for situations when the company is quite small and unpopular, so the main news source do not place information on it. In such case, the only way to find such idea would be to findsuch company on filters and then search directly for the related news. To my mind, both these approaches are equal.

5. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

I would also strongly advise reading books about how successful investors pick their stocks - if it works for them it will work for you.

6. Angal Faria

Angal Faria Active Member

I agree with you. I think it's a better idea to search for related new. Thanks for sharing a useful input.