Which is better

Discussion in 'Commodities Forum' started by JaydonTyler, May 19, 2014.

1. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

If you want an asset that has plenty of room for growth you go for silver. Gold is a preferred asset at a price that is more realistic. Silver is amazingly enough, not far from the price back in the 1970s. This means there is massive room for growth, when you compare this to the record levels we have seen with gold, you realize that silver is the reasonable investment. When everyone has gold fever, you should look where they are not.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

When you factor in inflation, gold was actually less at $1900 a couple of years back than it was when it peaked in 1980 or so at around $800.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

http://etfs.morningstar.com/quote?t=gld

4. healthandfitness

healthandfitness Well-Known Member

If you read my thread Called: "Is Gold A Bubble... Ask Silver/Platinum" it gives full detail of the history of the highs and percentage difference from the past to the present to show that silver is undervalued by historical comparison. I like both, but if you are looking for value and potential for growth that may lie with silver the sleeping giant, or even better, Platinum a metal the is far more rare than gold and only about $100 more per ounce right now. Check out the thread.

See My Thread here:
    http://www.bullmarketboard.com/showthread.php/347-Is-Gold-A-Bubble-Ask-Platinum-Silver

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler Well-Known Member

I will check it out. Thanks for sharing.

6. cmiller

cmiller Active Member

I think gold would be the best choice to invest in.

7. suiac

suiac Guest

Nowadays, I think gold is still the boss. If you wanna make a good investment, choose gold over silver. That's my recommendation.

8. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Gold is better than silver, even though silver is cheaper, at times cheap ends up to be expensive, also the demand for gold is higher than silver.

9. JaydonTyler

JaydonTyler Well-Known Member

Well, of course the demand for gold is greater then silver.. its not priced that high for no reason. It's alot easier to mine silver. Gold is less common. The sky is blue on a clear sunny day but not so much when its cloudy. Be sure you keep breathing. We will die if we stop breathing.. The list of common sense statements can go on and on.

10. preyy

preyy Well-Known Member

Gold over silver if you're particularly interested in this market and you don't have the money to start on another one. But it's not reliable, trust me.