Which Parent Would Ask Their Child To Set Themselves On Fire?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

You've all heard stories of evil step-mothers?

Well, a woman convinced her step son to agree to a fire challenge. This was last year. At first the step son, 14 at that time, said he wasn't interested but she goaded him into accepting the challenge. That's how he sustained 16% burns on his body.

To avoid prosecution, the kids parents didn't take him to a hospital opting instead to treat the wounds at home. The criminal would have escaped justice had the real mother of the boy not noticed the scars when he was visiting her. She extracted the story from him, told the [story to the] police and evil step-mother along with her husband [the boy's father] may be locked up for a while . . .

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Lots of stupid people in the world doing lots of stupid things. We have to build more jails as shovel-ready jobs for construction workers and hire corrections peeps. That would help reduce the unemployment numbers. The prisoners could be put on chain gsngs to build the wall at the border.You betcha. Pull lever 1 on the voting machine or mark your paper ballot. :p

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

It seems as though the world is getting to be a more sick place each and everyday. A woman like that should have been placed into a mental institution many years ago. When the economy goes south, one of the first budget cuts is in mental health and those who need it the most are left untreated. This woman needs to be locked away!

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

I have come across such evil people who don't reason but because of being selfish and jealous-driven, such scenarios, are bound to take place, that boy ought to thank God his real mom is alive, for were it not so, he'd have died, result, the evil step-mom would have set him up on blazing fire!

5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

That's pretty frickin dumb and borderline lunacy. To entice someone to set themselves on fire is sick. I wonder what kind of mind control she had on the kid, to do such and act and then get the child to not say anything about it?

6. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

Only a sick person would do something like that. It doesn't matter if you are related to someone or not, that shouldn't be something you think about.

7. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I imagine this was a really whitetrash drunken stupor kind of dare and I can only blame the government for what happened. LOL. But seriously though child-rearing is a serious thing and people should get checked mentally before they're allowed to have kids this was really horrible to read and I thank God for foster homes sometimes.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I guess stories like this just goes to show that there's a lot of people in the world that aren't exactly all there, should we say, and it's especially more concerning knowing that people like this are actually allowed to raise children.

A parent often raises a child to be like them, so if the parent is unstable, obviously in this case they must have been, it doesn't bode well for the future generations of that family.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I just dont understand sone people these days. It just seems like so many folks are completely irresponsible. It seems as though theres a complete lack of values in a lot of homes. How bizarre it is to set your own child on fire? Sickening. Baffling.

10. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

Good thing the real mother was able to notice her son's burns. It's so twisted of the step mom to have ever challenged the boy into playing with fire. She only showed how unfit she is to be a parent. If she will go to jail along with the father of the child, she deserves it. I have also heard a lot of news reports before regarding parents doing the most unimaginable things to their children and it just makes me sick. I feel so much pity for those children who never deserved to experience inhumane treatments from the people who chose to bring them into this world. There's just so many things happening in our world today that are just so hard to bear.