Which party are you a part of?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by alexisfinch24, Jun 4, 2014.

1. LittleMissMia

LittleMissMia Guest

I am neither. I don't know enough about either party to make a valid argument. I am not one of those people who argue one side without having knowledge about the other; if I am going to make an argument and stand for something, then I like to have all of my facts straight and understand both points of view. I think it is the only fair way. I dislike how strong conservatives/liberals argue that they are right and don't want to LISTEN to the other person's POV. I think that there is a fine line between standing up for what you believe in versus just being plain hard headed.

2. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

I very strongly agree with what you've said, LittleMissMia. There are periods of time when I'm too busy to follow politics and current events very carefully... and I've noticed that if I don't know what's going on and hear or see an interview, I can tell most times which party the person is a part of by the way they're phrasing things.

Maybe that's fine, but I'd highly prefer people *thinking* to come to their own conclusions instead of memorizing party rhetoric. Makes ya wonder if they ever even take a moment to try to discover their own feelings about the matter.

That's precisely why I'll never be a politician. I have a real problem with anyone telling me what to say or how to feel. :mad:

3. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 Well-Known Member

You have all made some excellent points and, I am so glad you responded to my topic or thread. It's refreshing to see that many of us cross over party lines if we feel strongly about something that our party does not support. That was my intention for this topic and nothing more. I did not want to start a political debate.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I tend to consider myself democratic, but I do have some conservative views as well, so I guess I could be considered bipartisan. I do not hold the party line 100% when voting as I do my research and vote with who I agree with...just happens to be this is mostly the democrats. I do not think that you are digging into anyone's privacy by posing the question, because if people don't like it, then they just simply don't have to take part in the conversation.

5. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 Well-Known Member

Thank you so very much for that. There are some who have thought that though. If you read the first post or two. But, I feel exactly how you do about it. Im not getting into anyones business.

6. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Hello... I'm still here. And I explained I was teasing. Tough crowd. I also went on to tell you my party affiliation. Maybe you forgot that part? In any case, this really shouldn't keep coming up once it was explained, now should it?

7. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

I'm not apart of any party. I am an Independent. The reality is none of us are 100% liberal or conservative on all issues. I always said political parties like the GOP or Democrats were the original Boyz In Da Hood. When you think about they do have a gang like mentality where you either have allegiance to their group all the way or they will pounce on you and destroy everything you have career wise. I find them to be the most dangerous gang in America because they are in charge of legislation in this country. Right now the GOP do not rank high on my list because of the extremists, borderline Klan-like mentality they seem to have since President Obama's first election win back in 2008.

8. Lenna

Lenna Member

I heard recently that while there's two main parties in America, well over 50% of the population doesn't consider themselves members or either party, or even supporters of either party.

9. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Always been a democrat, I do not think I will ever change that, just love being a democrat.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

"Klan-like" as in Ku Klux Klan-like? That's a very bold accusation. I've never seen any indications of racism from anyone in congress or any governors or anything, nor did I see any hint of it from Obama's opponents in his presidential races. What are some examples?