Which President Screwed Up the Economy the Most?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rhoda D'Ettore, Nov 3, 2014.

1. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Yeah you make interesting points, but I don't wish to argue as I see we have different perceptions which is okay. Well, the actual order to okay wasn't as easy as you made it. They didn't know precisely that it was Osama. So pretty sure you could imagine the fallout had it not been him.

I know the stock market moves independent to the presidency. However, if society blames that office when it's bad then right is right.

I'm not going to attempt to breakdown "Obama's Mess" but I do know healthcare is this country sucks. I mean when you can charge us 1,000/pill in some cases just because you can, and in other countries deeply discount the same meds because their gov't has laws in place, then that's not right. I understand the argument about profits and answering to shareholders, but that's just not right, and if you think so then, I would hate to do business with you.

Obama was the first president to say we will not go after Mary J shops that abide by state law. Trust me, I follow this market closely. The feds would still raid shops in California before OB said this. First president to say Mary J is not as harsh as alcohol in public. These two statements were a huge deal. If you don't believe that, ask anyone that works at NORML. You and I both know that the DEA under Leonhart & Holder and OB being black, this cannot happen with the current administration. Too much political backlash.

Personally I don't give a damn who is office. The whole system is corrupt and abuses power. Under both parties, we have seen our right get diminished at an alarming pace. With only 4% of the world's population we incarcerate more than any modern society in the world. NSA spying and collecting our personal data every minute. State and Federal polices murdering and beating citizens without even a dock of pay. We have more laws in the Federal Penal Code that any human could read in a lifetime. In fact, it's been said that every U.S citizen breaks a fed law everyday unknowingly. Meanwhile the news, media, create fake enemies and we're supposed to be scared of people that can't even get close enough to touch us. While the real criminals run wild and make a mockery of the constitution.

They're all bad, so judging who is the worse......well that is why I don't really care who is in office!!!!!1

2. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Well, I wouldn't call you ignorant but you definitely should follow politics if you follow stocks. Even though nobody really knows anything about the moving of the stock market overall, certain policies will directly affect individual sectors. This can be a good strategy, but one will have to read a lot.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I think our society would be much better off without most of LBJ's policies. If we could repeal most of the welfare state and go back to a more free market oriented economy, people would learn to quit depending on the government and would give more effort to surviving based on their own abilities, instead of living at the expense of the state.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Quite the eye opener there...will try my level best henceforth to get that daily newspaper or make do with reading online...perhaps engage people here and there in questions or debate, to get more insight and wisdom in that regard :)

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Yeah, I wouldn't call you ignorant either, but it's not a good idea to ignore politics if you are a big time investor, or even casually into the market. What politicians do and the overall health of the economy effects the stock market quite a bit, obviously. You definitely don't want to miss big news or a new policy that can effect a certain industry you are invested in. You don't have to be politically active, but definitely should be informed on the big news items of the day.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

7. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Doctors have been turning away patients long before OBcare. It will not have a huge affect on our economy and I never said it would or wouldn't. I just know that many things done under the FDA along with BIG PHARM is unethical and is costing us way more money than OBcare ever will. My specialty in the markets is "biotechnology". Anybody that touches this sector knows you have to read a lot of material to keep skin in the game. You're barking at the wrong tree bud. I can point out 10 case studies where the FDA purposely destroyed or helped specific companies according to who works for which company. The whole system is a joke.

8. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Well-Known Member

I don't blame any president for screwing up the economy. The U.S. economy is so complicated that it takes years for policy changes to affect it. I can say that they all meant well, and for that we can be grateful to them all for their service. I don't think I could do any better job than any of them did in their time in office.

If your not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

9. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

The real unemployment rate (unemployed, underemployed, etc.) is in the double digits. The Labor Force Participation Rate is the lowest since 1978. Wages are stagnant. The unemployment rate among the young (16-24 year olds) is more than double the national rate. It is reported 49.2 percent of households are receiving entitlement benefits from one or more government programs.

And this is after burning through unprecedented amounts of taxpayer's dollars on various "stimulus." BHO's track record on job creation is joke.

10. My401K

My401K Well-Known Member

Great point- I just had to finish up on this whole Obama care health mandate and I can tell you I am not happy about it in the least. First off you cannot make heads nor tails of anything that's going on. I am a relatively educated individual so if I am perplexed I can imagine how many others might feel. It was a darn simple billing question that I know will come back to bite me, and I could not get a single person on the phone. In fact I was shocked that the phone service was not even in America!

I made a career choice because of medical insurance in 2005, and no matter what way I would have gone this has continued to be a nightmare, near as I can tell I get to pay every month and have a $5K deductible so how and where has this helped one bit? Common sense says just go for the catastrophic plan then, yea except that's seems not to be an option in this state.

I don't think that we will get answers with the Obama administration on this health care deal, I do know as a person that is at the end of the baby boomer generation I feel that we have got the worst end of the stick. I am pretty certain I will end up penniless eating cat food if things do not change. There are not many options for people of my generation that might make it till their 90's.