Which social website do you often use?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by shilpa123, Jan 23, 2015.

1. TipdOff

TipdOff Well-Known Member

Yes, haha, it is not just my username - its a real social network for people who like to keep an eye on the sock market and you get notifications whenever someone you follow buys or sells a stock.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

What's up with linkedin? Why are so many people using it? Any advantages over facebook?

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Why do we have to put our e-mail to access you site, some sort of register?

As for linkedin is a social network, but a professional one, check it out tournique, you might end up enjoying it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  4. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I have never known about tipoff. I hope to check it very soon. I believe it seems like a wonderful website. I will definitely try my hands on it soon

5. owesem75

owesem75 Well-Known Member

I think nothing could now beat FACEBOOK as the most often used social website. It will take some more time to have another Mark coming out with a new and innovative ideas in social websites.

We used to have "slumbook", which basically an old or used notebook during highschool which we pass around our classmates to leave some notes for us including their contact information incase we do not see each other again.. I wish I knew this kind of thing would become FACEBOOK.. it should have been ME than MARK who is reaping the $$$$ LOL. *in my dreams*

6. TipdOff

No, no, no. No register. We currently have a wait list for people who want to sign up, because we were making some improvements to the user interface.

7. TipdOff

Everyone can simply user their Facebook or Twitter accounts to log-in. Once you have a profile, you'll be able to see what stocks other people are trading:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. TipdOff

Agreed, FB is a wonderful tool for groups to connect and, more importantly, stay connect. However, looking a some recent data, most teenagers do have an account, but use FB less and less. Mostly because it has become to formal and full of advertising. Younger people prefer Messenger-apps, such as WhatsApp, Snapchat, Tinder, ...

9. TipdOff

Well, first of all, it is a very different concept from FB. On Linkedin people upload their professional resumes. You don't do that on FB. LinkedIn has basically revolutionized the recruiting industry by allowing people to have their professional resumes posted online, making it easily accessible to companies and recruiters. People can now use Linkedin, for instance, to directly apply to job openings and to connect with recruiters and their professional network.

10. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

I use Facebook for networking. By joining groups you can meet contacts in areas you are interested in.