White House Warns Democrats Not Take Trump Lightly

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Democrats are now scared Trump could win the election and Obama has vowed that he will do everything he can to ensure Trump doesn't win the presidency.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/28/white-house-to-democrats-dont-take-trump-lightly/
    Forceful case? They'll probably convince more people to vote for a Republican.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

I'm just surprised that it's taken this long for people to see that Trump is a threat that isn't going to go away. Like him or loath him, the facts speak for themselves and his campaign is growing momentum with every state he passes through.

While that might not necessarily translate to a place in the Whitehouse automatically, it's certainly something that people need to realise could happen.

3. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

[h=2]White House Warns Democrats Not Take Trump Lightly[/h]This means, Democrats started respecting Trump and his vision.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing it. I don't see how Trump competes with either Hillary or Bernie nationally without the female and minority vote. He will do well in Republican caucuses where he only has to appeal to white conservatives, but in a Presidential election, he will need the minority and female vote and considering the things he has said, he's not moving the needle in either of those groups.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Hillary may have the support of minorities and some women but fact is there are many people who hate Hillary as much as they hate Trump. There are many Sanders supporters who'll not vote for Hillary.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...bernie-sanders-supporters-wont-back/?page=all
    Interesting election it's going to be.

6. petesede

petesede Guest

This is not really true. He has been stuck in that 33-40% range the whole time. He has a disapproval rating over 70% from women, 90% from blacks and something like 85% from hispanics.

I think Obama and most people fear Trump the candidate much more than they fear Trump as a possible president. If Trump gets the nomination, that means 4 more months of him having a microphone saying stuff about NATO, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Korea. Even if he doesn´t even get close to beating Hillary, 4 months of his quotes would have a horrible effect on the world. Even still in the primary, you have presidents of foreign countries talking about Trump publicly. That is insane. That a guy who didn´t know Korea and Japan pay us for having bases there is talking about giving nuclear weapons to Japan is just scary.

7. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

I feel the message is to tell people think about your votes and support. Those who sit on the fence and who choose not to vote are a large percentage and they can make the difference. It's the old adage where people think their vote won't matter, and in some respects it doesn't (popular vote) but offering support for someone who is ill equipped to do the job is just silly.

8. djordjem87

djordjem87 Well-Known Member

It is quite serious if they made an official statement like this. When I think about Trump now, from my point of view, as a non American citizen and a person who realizes what America does to small and weak countries, he doesn't look like a threat to me or my country. If White House sees him as a threat that means that he will probably be closed to all interventions outside the U.S. or relations. That can only benefit everybody else but it's a wild guess.

9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I would be seriously scared if Trump were to be elected president that is for sure. He is wacko and has an ego like no other. He would do nothing but bad things for this country. It is rather funny that not even Hollywood has his back. Every show on the air right now is making fun of him.

10. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I think Trump winning the White House is far fetched, but who even knows? Everyone has thought he was done long ago. I am refusing to count him out at this point as ridiculos as he is. However, in order to win the WhiteHouse he first has to win the nomination, unless he pulls a Ross Perot. Let's see how the Wisconsin primary goes.