Who Do You Want to Run Against Each Other?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rhoda D'Ettore, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'Ettore

Rhoda D'Ettore Guest

If you could have any two candidates run for President against each other, who would it be? I mean, some sort of challenge that would be fun to watch. This could be real/possible or people from the past.

Years ago, I thought I wanted to see Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin battle it out on stage. Hillary would run her over, and tell her to go stand "Putin Watch". Then I realized that if either one became president, I would have to renounce my citizenship.

So who would you like to see?

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton. If not that then Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton. Think they'd be fun races with very different world views on display for voters to vote on. Though it would be fun to see Joe Biden be the Democratic nominee. The GOP would have their easiest win in decades and would humiliate him.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I just want to see the GOP get back in.

4. jdroc

jdroc Guest

It really doesn't matter which party is in. They're both poison. Just with a different label. However, I would like to see Hillary and Sarah just for kicks.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Having taken the Senate I think the Republicans stand a strong chance of getting one of their number elected as president. It would be hard to tell who they'll choose as their candidate but I believe that either Romney or Ted Cruz will sail through and must face Hillary Clinton. Most people think Hillary will win the election but the tide has turned against the democrats same way it did for the Republicans under Bush.

6. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I will vote for the party less likely to continue to bankrupt us, trample the Constitution, and let the rest of the world have its way with us - and more likely to let me keep half the money I make.

7. gmckee1985

I think the Republicans really need to go for a fresh face in this next election. The party needs to be redefined after the kind of contentious and undefinable Bush years. The GOP is kind of in the position it was in in 1976. They need a fresh leader to define the party and to broad it's appeal. I think Ted Cruz or someone similar is the person to do that. Need someone who believes strongly in what views they espouse.

8. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I had never ever given that one a thought, no matter what the outcome would be, I would love to see that take place, I would just enjoy the whole thing, maybe they should do it just for fun, but that can not happen, it would be a waste of money.

9. gmckee1985

What are you talking about, Determined? We have an election every four years. It's not just for fun. It's to decide who the leader of the free world is going to be. It's not something to make a joke out of. Or to take lightly. It's something that should be taken seriously. Who you vote for should be a serious thing that you put a lot of though into.

10. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

:eek::D I'll bet, in this case, that Obama didn't get your previous vote considering the Constitution has been so trampled, parts are getting recognizable.

Bankruptcy (heading there fast, too) seems a distant second considering what's happening with our constitutional rights.

Wonder how a Romney/Condi ticket would hold up? Hmmm.... Now where'd THAT come from?