Who Do You Want to Run Against Each Other?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rhoda D'Ettore, Nov 3, 2014.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

I too would like to see the GOP get serious and win a presidential election cycle. I think if they play their cards right they may have a good shot at 2016. Lets face it, the country isn't exactly on the right course. The economy could be rip-snorting, rather than this tepid-at-best that it is now. The tax code is an abomination that needs reforming, but Left will never admit that, let alone take any steps to rectify said.

As to the original question, I like Ted Cruz. Maybe him with Rand Paul who's also a rising star. Perry is a solid candidate too. Romney is a maybe, Huckabee is a stretch, and McCain and Jeb Bush are a "meh", at least imho. I liked Herman Cain in '12, but his political ambitions are likely over due to the scandals that broke during his candidacy. I'd really have to hold my nose tight to vote for Chris Christie.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

2. Allison2021

Allison2021 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Jeb Bush vs. Hilary during the primaries only. He would be able to speak Spanish to the crowds. He would be able to speak about his record. He would appear on his toes. He would appear relevant. She would appear out of touch. Then maybe someone would finally ask, how is she qualified to lead the country. She only held elective office for two years.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I like the way you think! I am really sick of hearing about all the good that is going to come out of the White House only to see that nothing ever changes. I wish a president would take office who could just start taking care of this country and not worry so much about other countries. It seems as though we can help everyone else out other than our own citizens. I am not sure that Hillary Clinton would ever win the election that is for sure.

4. gats

gats Senior Investor

I'm sure the next presidential election in the USA will be one heck of a show, but will it improve your situation. American politics shouldn't be treated like sports :p.

5. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The House just let Obama have his way with them again. Boehner is basically Obama-lite, and I can't help but wonder if Obama doesn't have some dirt on him that keeps Boehner from pressing him.