Why Biden May Wait Until After New Hampshire To Make A Decision To Run

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Sep 14, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://edwardklein.com/why-biden-may-wait-until-after-new-hampshire-to-make-a-decision-to-run/

I have opined elsewhere that Hillary will be dropping out of the campaign race before October. Ed Klein, author of the new "Blood Feud: The Clintons vs The Obamas" book, blows my thinking out of the water. Klein reports a close Biden advisor suggests that Biden should wait until February, after Hillary fails in Iowa and New Hampshire, when the party will come calling. Rather than starting now, in the hole financially, money will follow the draft movement.

Interesting.

Ed Klein's credentials (http://edwardklein.com/about/) are impressive.

2. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

I think Ed Klein exaggerated the Clinton vs. Obama feud. It really isn't that serious. I think Hillary Clinton will make a really good president and people should not judge her just because of the email scandal. I think every politician has some dirt on them but what keeps them afloat is their ability to hide it from the rest. That is why they say politics is dirty game.

3. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Mooray, I disagree with your "just politics" stance on the e-mail business. See the thread http://www.bullmarketboard.com/thre...ver-E-Mail-Server-to-Justice-Department/page2 re Hillary violating significant federal regulations, c.f. General Petraeus.

News broke this afternoon that Biden, after the show wlth Colbert, met for 90 minutes with mega Obama funder Robert Wolf (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-with-top-obama-bundler-during-new-york-swing). That's a pretty major meeting for someone who says he hasn't decided to run.

The game is afoot. Giddyup.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Does this thread mean that Hillary is on the way out as far as Obama is concerned? That's news to me. But what about the elections? If Biden will toss his hat in the presidential derby, I don't think he can put up a good fight against the Republicans particularly with the present popularity of Donald Trump. At least Hillary has a fighting chance because she had shown her guts in politics and that e-mail issue may die down before the elections are held.

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Corzhens, this thread doesn't say Hillary is out as Obama is concerned. Rather, as the presumptive nominee Hillary's poll numbers decline other Democratic party ideas came to the surface. Even though Biden is older, his reputation is good. These are just some of the discussion points from other threads here:

• Obamas and Clintons don't like each other.
    • In using a private email server, Hillary is in violation of the same federal regulations that General Petraeus was convicted of. Even the MSM is picking up on the "drip, drip, drip" stories.
    • Except for Dick Cheney (health issues), when was the last time a Vice President failed to seek the president nomination?
    • Obama would have access to the WH with Biden, but not Clinton, to ensure his transformation legacy isn't unwound.

Take a read of some of the other threads for the full discussions. Biden is/was clearly badly affected by the May 2015 death of his son, Beau, and that is apparently factoring in on whether or not to enter the campaign. The ongoing speculations are (1) will Biden enter the campaign and (2), if yes, what is the best time to do so. HTH.

6. petesede

petesede Guest

Every Republican will tell you that there is a feud between the Clintons and Obama. I never thought it was Hillary though, I think Bill just had a hard time letting go of beign the leader of the party early in the Obama administration. When Obama won the election, he instantly replaced Bill, and these guys have egos.

Also, there is no talk anywhere except Fox News and from ultra conservatives about Hillary dropping out. Again, this is just an echo chamber where people who only get their news from one source think that ´everyone´ is talking about this stuff.

Edit. As far as the original title. I think it will be impossible for Biden to enter that late because his name will not be on the ballet in most states. I think most states it is October and the latest ones are December and it would take a big machine in place to get him on the ballet that late... and again, this isn´t something that is being talked about anywhere but Fox News... I think it is already late for him to get the machine in motion.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  7. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

8. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

Petesede, Ed Klein isn't Fox News nor does his vitae (http://edwardklein.com/about/) suggest a conservative bent. Should Clinton bow out after winning a few primaries and Biden enters and wins a few later primaries, I would think the DNC would bend over backwards to avoid a brokered convention.

9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I don't think that Biden is even going to run. I was listening to a news story with him and he does not feel that he could give running American his whole heart after the death of his son. He is hurting too bad still to give the country his full attention right now.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member