Why Biden May Wait Until After New Hampshire To Make A Decision To Run

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Sep 14, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Besides Klein, legal experts like Giuliani and Napolitano know it doesn't look good for Madam Secretary... maybe it's an ITALIAN right wing conspiracy? :D

She's really been sinking in the polls.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I think waiting to see what happens only makes good sense for Biden. It will also give him more of a chance to recover his emotional equilibrium. He has the name recognition and if Hillary goes belly up as a candidate, this would obviously give Biden a chance to get into the race. He is the logical Democratic candidate and one that many people do hope runs.

4. JR Ewing

5. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

More from Ed Klein, this time about a Biden "secret" deal with Obama for an endorsement subjet to certain conditions. It reads like a varation of something I wrote about on July 29 (http://www.bullmarketboard.com/threads/5723-Musing-on-2016) and in later threads. This one suggests Obama wants to pick the Veep. A comment and Klein's own words:

Despite the protestations about readiness and family input on campaigning, it surely seems like Biden will be running sooner or later. My guess is Biden's game is also giving heartburn to Debbie Wasserman Schutlz who is being heckled over scheduling debates (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ant_debates_while_she_attacks_gop_racism.html). Does she listen to Obama/Jarrett in the White House or bend to the mind games surrounding the presumptive nominee Clinton? Inquiring minds want to know. Giddyup.

6. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

7. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

8. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/u...ton-camp-begins-to-fear-run-by-joe-biden.html

As suggested by a piece in Politico (above), the Hillary camp is shifting into high gear to keep Biden from the race. This NY Times article details more "stop Biden" moves, including emails and phone calls to uncommitted Democratics. (Sorry, a subscription may be necessary to read the whole piece; this article was posted 3 hours ago and no doubt will be reiterated elsewhere.) Oh to be a fly on the wall.

The inquietude in the Hilliary camp seems to be well deserved. No doubt her advisors are disquieted by Ed Klein's Wednesday morning interview disclosed elucidation on the email business, Obama's golf game with Clinton and Hillary's health (http://www.bullmarketboard.com/thre...stice-Department?p=32172&viewfull=1#post32172).

In some ways, I suspect these early frenetic nomination campaigns may be turn out to be more interesting than the campaigns following the nomination conventions next summer. I realize froth generated by the storm waves of twists and turns and disclosures now ongoing won't be nearly as important as the November 2016 vote. Nevertheless, I find some or the current political theater interesting, amusing, pathetic, frightening, stressful, dangerous, or worrisome depending on my mood (and whether I'm off my meds -- just kidding).

Seriouly, what ties me into knots and puts me into a ticked-off attitude is the political tomfoolery affecting the economy, our reputation in the world, and the markets affecting our retirement. Any bad decisions the voters make, sadly, will impact my child and her family.

9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I am going to be very confused if Biden ends up running for President. In all honesty, I think he would make a good president, but it seems as though he has too many personal issues to give the job all he can. He lost a son recently and would he be able to take the whole country under his wing? I know that president's have a whole staff of people who help them make decisions, but I would be nervous about his emotional state of mind. He could probably do it though.

10. JR Ewing

Hillary is that gal in high school who was obsessed with being most popular but who had a personality that rubbed most the wrong way.

Who wanted to be voted most likely to succeed, but who kept getting caught cheating on exams and otherwise screwing up despite being smart and gifted.

Who wanted to be prom queen, but who wasn't quite attractive enough - so she paid another girl to rough up the prom queen and ruin the prom and the prom pictures for her.

Who wanted to be part of the popular crowd, but was not accepted due to her piercing laugh and grating personality - despite being from a prominent family of means.

She's that gal who has to try too hard to the point of breaking every rule in the book, yet still ends up falling on her face and eventually getting caught.

Anyone else would have bowed out by now.