Why Did You Separate From Your First Love?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I remember meeting my first love recently in December. We had a cup of tea and talked about so many years back when we met and dated for a few weeks. The reason why this love did not become was because he lived in the city and I was in the village by then. I went to college and never heard from him again. We are both not married today but we are different people now. What is your story?

2. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Well, I have an ex wife and we just lived different lives, so we were better apart. Love is something ambiguous for me, I think that we love who loves us back.

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

First love...i don't think if i look back i had a first love...is there something as curious love/like?...i find the word love to be to huge and shouldn't be used aimlessly...what i had was a curious like and as fast as it came was the same way it went...any regrets? none whatsoever :)

4. wulfman

wulfman Guest

My first relationship fell apart because we had two different views on using recreational drugs. I was against it. She did it every weekend.

5. Kael

Kael Guest

I really miss my first love. He and I were destined to wed after our high school graduation. His Father bought a motorcycle for his 15th birthday against his Mother's wishes. He got struck by a drunk driver, while riding his motorcycle around the block from our houses, and he was killed on impact.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I don't know if I had a first love or a last love because I've ever really loved one lady. We drifted apart because the work I did back then involved a lot of traveling. It was the kind of love which you read about only fairy tales — when two people are a perfect match for each other. But then life happens and it drives a wedge between such people because no one should be that happy. You'd forget everything and everyone else. I've never been in love since we last saw each other [and don't think I'll love another person ever again].

7. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Kael, that is so sad that he died so young with so many plans ahead for you and him. That must have been so difficult for you that I won’t pretend to understand what you went through.

8. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

Rainman, that is some great love that you found there. Is it possible to be together again after the separation through the years? That kind of loves deserves a second chance.

9. Muthoni

Muthoni Guest

I agree with you Gelsemium, it is better to let someone free than hurt them living together. It is interesting that it is possible to love someone and not be able to live with them. Complexities of life.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

We just eventually grew apart as people often times do. I don't have any regrets or bad memories about the whole situation. It's just a part of life and growing up. Life is going to take a lot of different twists and turns and you have to be able to adapt and overcome any setbacks or sadness. Otherwise you'll be miserable and living in the past. I'm definitely not going to do that.