Why Did You Separate From Your First Love?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Muthoni, Sep 8, 2014.

1. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member

Really well said. I think I had the same situation with my first love. We were together for almost four years and we are still friends with no hard feelings either way.

2. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Mother's know best I guess. I am sorry to hear about that Kael but why was he driving at the age of 15 ? I didn't site behind a wheel until I was 20. It was not his fault and I hope the drunk driver was convicted of manslaughter but I don't understand how a parent can allow their son to drive around , especially on a motorcycle at 15 yo.

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

My first love was my highschool sweetheart and at some point we just drifted apart. It is hard to have a real relationship when you are so young, but you get to hold onto the fond memories.

4. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

This is utterly painful...am so sorry Kael for your loss...funny how today i just exchanging conversation with a neighbor on the topic known as pain...been there and sometimes no matter the consolation one gets from well-meaning people it never seems to fill up that empty dark void :(

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Well.. we were young and we had a lot to learn. We had an amazing time togheter, laughing everytime we met.
    We just grew apart, a lot of fights, we weren't as compatible as we were before.
    It happened very fast for both of us. If that would have happened later I'm sure we would have known how to handle the situation better.

6. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

Many, many reasons applied to my first real heart crushing break up. lol They were (in no particular order):
    We were enablers for each other.
    We drank way to much no matter whether we needed to or not.
    Distance.
    The "other" lost their car and I had to drive them absolutely everywhere and neither of us got personal time.

I think it's just situational for everyone but those were the reasons for us. I still regret it sometimes but I know it was for the best all those years ago. When it's time to call it quits, it's time to call it.

7. Eziospick

Eziospick Guest

Em my first love was awhile back in high school. I met a shy, quiet girl who was depressed by her home situation. Her "friends" left her alone in Math so I'd always partner up with her and found out she was a pretty cool chick. Time went on and well we starting dating. Er I loved her to death, but we both just drifted apart over time. I was still in high school and she was graduated so that made it hard to spend time together. I went from having the best thing in my life, a friend I was always could talk to about anything under the sun 24.7, to a girl that made me feel like a stranger around her. I tried the best I could to patch things up but sinking ships go under eventually. I wasn't too surprised when she broke it off but eh that's life huh? On a happier note I found someone better XD

8. yari1123

yari1123 Guest

I met my first love while attending college. We had many good times but eventually we grew apart and broke up. I wanted something more serious and to settle down while he was not ready for that. I had to let go because I felt that he needed more time than I could give him to mature. I did not want to be strung along as he also had issues with attachment and letting people in emotionally. Looking back I now know we both were young and probably not compatible anyway.

9. jason

jason Guest

First loves are interesting because they differ from case to case. Some people I know had their first love when they were 15 but those relationships were short and shallow. I had my first love as a freshman in college and we dated many years but when I compare that relationship to ones I have now, it was not as deep. I don't think first loves are always the best (there are exceptions, of course) but perhaps they have the most nostalgic weight. You grow more self aware as you get older and open yourself up to deeper, more meaningful relationships. I'll take that over a quick 16 year old summer love any day.

10. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Well, I seperated from my first love because , he was violent, he was physically and verbally abusive and i t was not getting any easier, neither was he calming down, he was getting worse by the day, everytime, I had to keep calling the cops, he would get arrested and do time, come back and do it all over again, the best thing was to walk am=nd move far away where he could no longer stalk me .