Why does Islam seem to have more violent fanatics than other religions?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by MalorieJX, Sep 1, 2015.

1. SilverMill

SilverMill Active Member

Not really many. They're just too loud, violently clamorous and shockingly busy scaring people and the world. World powers can unite and do something about silencing them and destroying the militants' wretched murders and terrorism once and for all.

Their terrorism has nothing to do with their religion. You have nothing to apologize for asking. I have nothing to apologize for answering, either. All good!

2. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

That's not entirely accurate, probably just generalizing too. Christianity has some radical and extremist denominations too but they're not advertised or as newsworthy as those in the Middle East, that's why. A war is going on and political propaganda is going against Islam right now because coverage is covered by white conservative catholics.

3. shyinvestor

shyinvestor Active Member

I guess because the Koran says so. If I'm not wrong it says something like "Kill the infedels" which means all humans except muslims.. This is one of the reason there are such violences and those beheading stuff in Islam religion.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

People can take anything they want from their religious books and twist in a way so that it fits in with their personal agenda. As far as a I know, all religions teach that we should love and show compassion for fellow human beings. Nobody should feel they have the right to torture or kill anyone else, even in the name of their God.

5. zolo

zolo New Member

hello guys i can see the impact of media on the discussion and to really see what happened in the world nowadays we indeed need another perspective,
    first of all who ever want to judge Islam or any other idea or topic in general he needs to have enough knowledge not even a background, because only knowledge can give us the true picture, especially when we try to figure out the truth from huge topic like religion and why is that ? simply because most of the people in the world are religious, and they are kill each other because of that. a discussion that does not provide reasonable facts that human mind can accept, can misguide us to hate the other and when we become haters we can be injustice and when we become injustice what do you think can happened every single one of us can come with an excuse why he hate ( others) and you can imagine what could happen when we give our emotional the power to lead us instead of our minds.

so Islam has a history a long one, and Muslims through this history has an effect and got effected as well. too many ideologies today, Muslims nowadays divided in to many ideologies , when we judge Islam we actually judge those who practice Islam not Islam it self , and i know its hard for you guys because you dont have the full picture about those who divided in to groups which in the same time they all claim that they are represent Islam.

its abig topic and because its a big topic people all around world have also divided in to groups each one of them would judge Islam from their own perspective, you can imagine now how messy is that, and at lease you know now the biggest reason of this chaos. but i can say this is normal because this is the nature of the human.

any way if you really want to know any thing about anything and you have these big question marks on the top of your head, i would say start read history not the history of your own group but the other history, about your topic read the real islam not the islam nowadays.

also another key for you guys you should know that Quran has verses and each verse has a reason and an event that made it placed in the Quran so Quran has a book called (tafseer) which is an explanation for each verse for it and not all muslims knows all the explanations because you spend years to study all this explanation, islam is a major now in big school around world and people spend years to study this major, and guess what not every body studied islam would agree with islam, you know why ? because the first thing in islam is not only to believe in Allah and Mohammed is his prophet but also to submission your self to Allah which is alot of Islam student or even Muslim have forget about it.

and by the way i am a Muslim from Saudia Arabia and that has nothing to do with the bad idea that media created in some people minds that made them hate my country and my religion.

sorry if i wasnt clear enough coz english my second language.

and thank you all

pease

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The terrorists who kill people in the name of Islam do so because they can't do it manipulating the people they live amongst. They have hidden agendas that aren't even religiously-related. They seek either power, wealth or vengeance. To rally people around them they grab stuff from Koran [out of context] and get people to rally around them. Catholics used the same ploy to get Christians to fight in the crusades. The media has made everyone believe that Muslims are violent bloodthirsty folks. I lived amongst Muslims for 3 years and can assure you that most of them aren't interested in killing everyone who isn't a Muslim.

7. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

The vast majority of practicing Muslims are not violent, nor have any sympathy for said. We're talking about a population of around 1.6 Billion people and only a small percentage engage in terroristic activity.

As to the reason why, well, this isn't going to be Politically Correct (PC), but:

• Study early Islamic history. To call it "violent" would be the understatement of the millennium.
    • Read the Qur'an. Some of it is indeed peace loving. Other parts of it are egregiously violent.
    • Ditto the Hadith.
    • Because of those two aforementioned factors, those that wish to do evil will us both to justify their acts.

That said, there has been evil justified by politics (left, right, and points in between), religion (Christianity, Islam, etc.) and ideologies. One can't pigeonhole all evildoers.

8. Amin

Amin Guest

The violence in some Muslims is more related to the climate and environment that they live in than Islamic beliefs. the Arabs had to be violent, else they wouldn't survive in the Arabian peninsula.

9. fishes

fishes New Member

In the Islamic countries they're often poorer and have less to lose by dying for their cause

10. Amin

Amin Guest

I find that very untrue...they don't have less to lose in your eyes and point of vie, but in fact a muslim has many things to lose, the first one their family, in case you don't know muslims usually have more than 4 kids, 9 kids in family is not uncommon, they have a huge family to lose but some of them including the family don't care about the children and everything...