Why Indiana's new religious freedom law is different

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by queenbellevue, Mar 31, 2015.

1. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

Good point, however much we want to believe that judges are impartial, the truth is, the majority have their own agenda. I wonder what would happen if a business were to refuse Christian custom, saying it was against their beliefs? Despite being perfectly entitled to do so under this new ruling, there'd be an outrage!

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I don't see why people are flipping out about this law. It seems like much ado over nothing to me. The number of cases where an individual will even use this law is going to be pretty small, and even then the courts will ultimately deal with it. It just seems so contrived and hysterical to me. What ever happened to reasonable debate?

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

As usual, I am in agreement with you. The mass hysteria the left works so many up over any little thing is disturbing. They don't bother to read or listen, and don't care about facts. They're all about being alarmist and fear mongering. People like Soros are usually the forces behind these movements.

Just look at what they did to Paul and Christie a couple of months ago when they had the nerve to express caution and concern when it comes to vaccines - the left spun it into Paul and Christie being anti-vaccine, anti-science, etc. They even had to compare it to global warming, Jim Crow, etc. :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started on the whole Travon Martin and Michael Brown media travesties - no matter what the facts said, they had to push their narratives.

4. Thejamal

Thejamal Guest

People are freaking out about it because its a roundabout way of allowing businesses to practice blatant discrimination. I'm usually on the opposite end of the media hysteria created over topics like this, but there's no real interpretation to be made from a law. In its original form, it gave business owners the option to discriminate based on sexuality.

Looks like the Indiana legislation is going to amend the law after receiving outside pressure to clarify the law, which is good. Still, this isn't a scenario we should have to come across in today's day and age.