Why is it so wrong?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Peninha, May 26, 2014.

1. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Wise man indeed. This reminds me of the old saying "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent." Food for thought. :D

2. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yeah, ignoring is most likely the best weapon to deal with it, but sometimes it seems to be stronger than me as my blood seems to boil when facing stuff that are just unfair and disrespectful.

3. Leeroy_MY

Leeroy_MY Well-Known Member

When faced with idiots, I often use sarcasm. Sometimes I verbally abuse them in a witty way. It's funny to watch them squirm and frown when they can't find it in their tiny heads to think of good comebacks!

4. hnatalieann

hnatalieann Guest

You can tell them to shut up if you'd like, some really need to. Either that or you can annoy them just as badly back. :)

5. ForceofXero

ForceofXero Member

It really depends who you are talking to. I always tell my friends to shut up as sarcasm. I don't tell others to shut up, though.

6. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

Yeah, I think it's extremely rude to tell someone to shut up, even if they deserve it. So it's better to keep our head cool, it's just a social norm, would it be worth it to fight it?

7. alexisfinch24

alexisfinch24 Well-Known Member

Telling them to shut up may be a temporary way to make us feel better or, get some anger out. In politics it does nothing to prove your point or, convince someone on the opposite side that they are wrong. Not to mention it is not very polite at all. There really is not much more that I can say about this topic but, when I read it I could not resist putting my two cents in. We must always remember in the game of politics we must refrain from rudeness as my Mother used to always say you catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. Just saying. Lets be nice.

8. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

That is true, when I see some parliaments in the news when the politicians are fighting always makes me want to laugh and maybe all that started with a shut up... :)

9. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I honestly would love if those fights even happened in my country.
    I sometimes see videos of punches being thrown, and just last week there was a table being flipped on a televised debate, it must definitely make politics a lot more interesting :)

10. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

LOL, I would and would not to be honest Strykstar, it would be entertaining, but at the same time what would those guys doing, ruling my country with their fists?