Why the Next Stock Market Crash Will Happen Any Day Now

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by Mr. Prediction, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I don't think a similar crash to 2008 will happen anytime soon, everything is still too recent and the world can't cope with another crash like that, the economy is still to fragile and civil wars could happen it things go worse.

2. PvtParts

PvtParts Guest

Be careful what you wish for, Strykstar. My American best friend's family went from having a million dollar house built, to basically having it taken from them by the bank faster than the economic equivalent of a 12-year old's erection less than 8 years later. Her dad's a stock broker, and anything that closely resembled a nest egg that they had up to that point was completely gone - to the point that her father said he's worth more to the family dead than alive. She spent the greater part of her 20s either without a home or staying at friends' places. But no, I don't think she's depressed or anything. She said though, if there's one thing she's learned through all this, it's that your community surprisingly has your ass. The friends she made in the past have become part of her "chosen family", and the peeps who have reached out in the face of these challenges may as well be relatives by blood. If you try to put yourself in her shoes, I think having the taste of luxury throughout your childhood, and then losing it all just like that, only strengthens the drive to succeed - for yourself, and for your family (blood, or chosen). What's the point of being rich if you don't have people to share it with? But that's the personal stuff there. I don't think you can enjoy your individual success when you see the rest of the world struggling like that, especially when it's people you care about.

3. JadeDoo

JadeDoo Well-Known Member

It feels to be a tad peaky for me right now, but as long as the Feds are printing I'll be long. Just don't be leverage is what I'd say. If there's one thing I learned over the year is "Don't fight the Fed". Plus if you look around there are still good buys, Apple being one that continues to be heavily undervalued that I think it's a little ridiculous.

4. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

AAPL was up big overnight. I've been at least a little long on it for over 7 years, am currently pretty heavily invested in it.

5. JadeDoo

Ya, about 8% today. Maybe this time it'll actually break out, cause it's been range bound for quite sometime. Steve Cook said they going to introduce a new product line this years so there'll be more catalyst to come.

6. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

This is the sad reality of the crashes, people's lives and the world crashes too, just a few get richer with the crashes. From a theoretical point of view, for those who have no stocks a crash is good, but for those in the business it's a nightmare.

7. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

I am quite astonished that this hasn't happened yet. Do people think it is still going to happen? I am pretty convinced it still looms large.

8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

It has happened a couple of years ago and the world hasn't recovered at all from it, so another crash would be catastrophic. The guys that cause these crashes are well aware of it, so they are just giving us some time.

9. JadeDoo

I think the risk of a large crash looms, but the expectation that it'll happen for sure is overplayed. People tend to be wooed by ideas of a catastrophic event simply because we are currently trending in unprecedented quantitative easing. But so far it seems to be doing it's job, we'll only know when the economy stops deleveraging whether or not inflation can be controlled.

10. wanderingwildman

wanderingwildman Well-Known Member

I wonder if there would be a good way to get in on some stocks here before it goes down. Maybe, it will keep going up for a few more weeks. I suppose if you sell rapidly you may earn a few dollars.