Why The Status Quo Is Doomed: Income Stagnates, Costs Rise

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by baudwalk, Nov 19, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-18/why-status-quo-doomed-income-stagnates-costs-rise
    Fodder to chew on for the liberal loons that think this economy under this administration is all kinds of wonderful in recent years. Wages have stagnated, household incomes have flattened, counts of EBT cards and Obama phones have mushroomed, health exchange rates have increased, smaller businesses are buried under rules and regulations, and the Fed has no ammunition to "fix" the economy. On a personal level I've seen significantly noticeable increases in food and household expenditures in the last half-decade, and houses for sale sit unsold for a minimum of 3 or 4 years. Lets hope the election outcome will begin to set things on the right path... and that doesn't mean everything is free. Giddyup.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Of course every time it is pointed out that things aren't so great, the left blames Bush. They always give Obama credit for the sun rising, the (lackluster) economic recovery, the fed's role in the stock market rebound, and OPEC driving down the price of a barrel of oil, of course.

3. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Well-Known Member

Labor force participarion rate tells quite a story. I'm not completely sure how stuff works in the US, but the UK really cooks the employment figures too. Anyone with an employment contract is not counted (even if they are working 0 hours and looking for work), much of the growth has been part time. Wages are also pretty stagnant, but housing costs are rising substantially.

Look at this almost $1.3 million for a mediocre house in quite a crime ridden part of London

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/de...97a7355b70e78e39d3ab67ace#97TPQQbAXHPW46fH.97

4. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

That's just how the corrupt system as made and will continue to be. The rich stay rich and the poor work their behinds off only to barely make ends meet. Then they set prices high,and make it so a lot of people have to be on government assistance.

5. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

Lefty here. Or former. I don't even know anymore--so much has happened over the past year+, I understand the term "Libtard" now.

Since unplugging from the Matrix it's been funny watching Leftists cry for all these programs, and saying "someone" should "do something" about some issue. And I'm just like "ok...who's going to pay for it?"

Silence.