Why wages will stagnate for another 14 years

Discussion in 'General Trading Discussion' started by 21stcba, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Are you serious about that cameron? The rich did more work? I don't think this is true and I don't think that the rich play clean, it's an unfair game where the poor man doesn't have a chance to climb.

2. ormaybeso

ormaybeso Well-Known Member

It's interesting to see how wages are fluctuating so much. I just read last night that the minimum wage in Ontario was upped a bit, they wanted to make it even higher and I'm pretty sure they're still pushing for it, but nobody really knows how it's going to affect businesses. Also, those who aren't getting paid minimum and deserve more aren't affected by this. Prices seem to be going up but wages are remaining pretty constant.

3. jdroc

jdroc Guest

Well if you go to uncut they've announced that minimum wage has been raised for some states. They're waiting on the results for $15/hr in Cali. We'll see.

4. turt

turt Guest

How many of those rich have were born from wealth, got a better education from wealth (schools is a poor area are terrible), had their parents place them in high position through connections. Most of the rich are where they are at due to better opportunities.

Given that logic, all third world countries must be lazy. I mean, if you work hard you make more?

5. caparica007

caparica007 Well-Known Member

I agree, third world countries are explored by the rich countries that is why they are in those conditions, corruption!

6. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

After any bad drastic move, things never go upward, its normally a downward negative trend, i recall a relative telling me to do a course on computer programming and the like...to shape with the future just like Original Poster puts it...jobs are in management, people skills and technology....technology taking the first spot...i'm still 50/50 on the course though...maybe i ought to chart my own course somehow...i'll see :)

7. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Cannot agree with you more turt... i got relatives spoilt rotten...just because the title screams wealthy/royalty....i guess luck doesn't fall on everyone huh?...but i don't think it has anything to do with luck...i refuse to believe a lie :(....i don't think third world countries are lazy, those countries work from first light to last light but the wages are a perfect insult to their strength and sweat :(

8. twinsmommy31

twinsmommy31 Active Member

This is not good to hear. With the economy in the state that it is in, I can't take anymore. The rich do get richer and the other struggle. When will this all change?

9. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I find hard to believe that wages will stagnate for that long, what will happen to the economy if that is true? I feel that wages need to face the increase of prices or else we will be in trouble.

10. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Well-Known Member

It is pure speculation to predict 14 years into the future, but it certainly could be the case. My gut feeling tells me it will continue too. So many jobs are now in the minimum wage sector. What used to be decent paying factory jobs are now reduced to minimum wage, even the semi-skilled factory jobs.