WiFi sharing.

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by headmaster, Aug 26, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

This is exactly what I was thinking. Even if your landlord gets you fast internet speeds, that won't stop the downloaders from hogging all the bandwith. You need to limit them within the router and make sure everyone has their share of the bandwith pie. Equal portions.

2. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Oh ok. But as long as you have a password for the network isn't it difficult for any other neighbors to access the network ?

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Glad to know this...was a bit worried..its a relief knowing that i still have the upper hand when it comes to my privacy whilst on the wifi network..thank you for the share crimsonghost747

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

A deal is a deal nonetheless. If you are paying for the internet connection then you need to get exactly what was promised. The landlord must take that into account and deliver what was promised. I don't know if you [the tenant] can negotiate your way out of something like that so your rent can be lowered slightly and pay for your own internet. You could use some kind of modem.