Will Al Gore Run in 2016?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by baudwalk, Aug 14, 2015.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/al-gore-insiders-figuring-out-if-theres-a-path-for-him-to-ru
    And the wheel turns. "Supporters of Al Gore have begun a round of conversations among themselves and with the former vice president about his running for president in 2016, the latest sign that top Democrats have serious doubts that Hillary Clinton is a sure thing." Who rewound the VCR tape? Gore could continue Obama's EPA push to kill coal. Ka-ching. Love this stuff. The Dem campaign twisting in the wind would be funnier than any comedy on TV if it weren't so pathetic and so important to defeat the Alinsky-Cloward-Piven fans.

2. petesede

petesede Guest

A retread is not going to beat Hillary, it has to be someone fresh and Obamaisque. Gore actually scares me. I am not crazy business person who is against environmental protection, but he is waaaay to far loco on the topic. I am still pissed that I had to pay hundreds of dollars extra to import toilets from Canada because of him. yeah great, your toilets hold half as much water, which just means I have to flush it twice to get my double chimichanga to all go down.

3. ArielGold55

ArielGold55 Member

I'm not saying this because I have a stiffy for "Republicans," but Al Gore strikes me as a legitimate sociopath. His ego absolutely colossal.

And by the way, global warming is happening, but it's not caused by C02 or human activity. There is more evidence that it's being caused by solar cycles. Here is something you've likely never heard of, but it is a coalition of 30,000 scientists and 10,000 PhD's who back up my previous statement: Google 'The Petition Project.'

4. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

He's more than a little washed up at this point. Some of his environmental antics and the disturbing allegations that lead up to his separation from Tipper might haunt him. So, he might run, but it is hard to image he'll be a top-tier candidate. On the other hand Hillary's campaign continues to circle the drain, so who knows who the DNC will turn to.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Rumors:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...-run-against-hillary-advisors-say-121351.html
    Despite some hopeful speculation among Democrats that Al Gore might jump into the 2016 presidential race in the face of Hillary Clinton’s troubles, people close to the former vice president and Democratic nominee say he’s not considering it.

“There’s no truth to it. He’s laser-focused on solving the climate crisis," Gore spokeswoman Betsy McManus told POLITICO Thursday evening.

A decision to run however wouldn't be a great idea. He's been on the sidelines far too long and all people can identify him with is environmental activism. Obviously not something that would get him votes.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

I don't believe the rumors. Gore is just too far removed from being in office. Hes not very skilled politically. Not only that but hes made a fortune pushing his climate change hysteria so I doubt he'd take the pay cut. It does speak to the Dems desperation though.

7. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I have not heard anything about Al Gore in years. I am all for living in an economy friendly society, but some take it to an extreme that actually hinders our ability to live our lives. I am not really impressed with any of the candidates right now. I hope something strikes my fancy soon or I will not know who to vote for.

8. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Guest

He's been out of the game too long. It's a little late to be heading into the democratic campaign at this point. Just let Clinton and Sanders fight it out and Gore can come in as secretary of state or something of that nature. Then the next time around he can try to run again.

10. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

That would mean he'll 75 years old when he runs in 2024, should he ever want to get into the White House. Few people will be willing to vote for a president that old though. Anyway, Al Gore believes he has bigger fish to fry and will for that reason stay away from politics.