Will your area be accepting Syrian refuges?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by ScooterBrandon, Dec 11, 2015.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Good post. Europe has seen and experienced firsthand what has been happening in recent years because of failed leftist social immigration policies, and seems to be waking up - while the Obama administration seems to be headed in the wrong direction.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...of-homeland-security-committee-call/?page=all

2. evelin

evelin Well-Known Member

I live within the EU, and we will have to accept over 1500 immigrants, but nobody comes here since it's quite of a crepuscular area. Nobody wants to end up here, ha, ha, and that's a good thing. Let them head for the richer countries... we are tired of bugs leeching off public money out of an uncertain budget that struggles to maintain the pace with the "pimps".

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Europe is starting to wake up but it's a bit late to run to the toilet when the crap is already all over your underwear. Individual countries are starting to put some limits on this immigration: accepting less, making better background checks, speeding up the process and making it harder to qualify as an asylym seeker etc. None of this really helps with the hundreds of thousands that are already causing havoc here.

Also, there is a high chance that this is more of a political change than an ideological one. And what I mean by that is that the ones in power now aren't really seeing the real problem but are more afraid of the next elections as the population is getting tired of this immigration nonesense.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  4. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

That does seem to be the issue, politicians are pandering to the people. Once the news broke of refugees who died on a boat, and the small boy they all had to react. It may seem heartless, but refugees do take a chance and many of them were trying to get to Greece because it's an EU country and thus gives them better benefits than say Turkey. The politicians don't account for the 'havoc' caused to local services and the cultural implications which will be inevitable.

5. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Politicians are always doing stuff that will get them the best publicity. Very rarely do you get one who actually cares about the issues at hand.

As for the refugees, it's a situation straight from a sitcom or something. It's comical and you just have to laugh at how some of the refugees are protesting. For instance the ones that landed on Cyprus a while ago threatened to be let off the island, or they would hang themselves. What the hell sort of logic is that?

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I live in Eastern Canada and we are accepting Syrians refugees into our city. They have a big volunteer committee in place to help them settle into their new life here in Canada. The majority of people are accepting of them coming here. They're scheduled to start arriving next week.

7. 111kg

111kg Guest

Not yet, but will accept them. Although I am definitely for helping war refugees, I honestly think that they must firstly be scanned properly and definitely non in the current financial terms. They will get $430 per person for free, while the average Romanian barely gets $250-300 for a month of work.