Winning $425 Million Powerball Lottery Ticket Sold in Milpitas

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by admin, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

Okay I would not tell the world for the win. If you tell one person you won the lottery then the whole world now knows and would try to catch you to steal it. I am not going to take the lump sum if I do win it but I would maybe invest some of that money into dividend stocks or use it for an online income stream and replenish what I had lost.

2. Profit5500

Okay I would not tell the world for the win. If you tell one person you won the lottery then the whole world now knows and would try to catch you to steal it. I am not going to take the lump sum if I do win it but I would maybe invest some of that money into dividend stocks or use it for an online income stream and replenish what I had lost.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I never play the lottery, the odds are minimal, I guess that if I have to win something I've already have won it in the 2 times I played in my life. :p

4. JoshD1990

JoshD1990 Active Member

I wonder how much money these winners end up giving away to money managers, accountants, advisors, etc.

In giving, I mean being overcharged massively for services to take care of their winnings.

5. joebel

joebel Member

I would not tell my neighbors or friends either... I'd like them to stay friends because of who I am, rather than the cash. As cheesy as that sounds.

6. Profit5500

I would not give those people any money. If I gave the advisers and other accountants any money then I would not want to have any money left.

7. wulfman

wulfman Guest

Yea I wouldn't advertise it if I won, although I don't think I would have a choice if I won huge right ? And I would take it in yearly increments not the lump sum. I am not financially astute , a reason why I joined this forum.

8. Profit5500

Just make sure that no one is throwing your name out in the open so the people would leech the money and steal it. Taxes being broken down after they are taken from your winnings the people like your friends or relatives would be the first ones to try and grab it.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

Wow that was a large sum of money. If I won, I would not tell a single soul that I won. Because man, the world is a scary place.

10. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Taxes are tough to deal with, but we've been dealing with it for as long as we know. It helps little by little.