Wireless electricity the next big thing?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by SamClemensMT, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Tesla and Elon Musk are fighting against all lobbies, but they are doing an awesome work. I feel that electric cars will be a reality for the masses soon, as for wireless electricity, I really don't know.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

The riskier the proposition, the less you should buy IF you buy into it at all. I throw a few bucks into things like fuel cell energy, solar, and various riskier biotech companies with promising pipelines. But these are things I invest in lightly.

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

It wouldn't surprise me if they managed to profit from this. A lot has changed and what was deemed to have been impossible in the past has already been done. Wireless power? However, I expect that those who stand to lose [if this technology works] will fight hard against it and that would be mean investors won't make much money from it any time soon.

4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

This may sound like a silly question, but with wireless electricity, would you suffer from occasional loss in electricity similar to a dropped call? Just thought about that and would hate to lose my heat in the dead of winter or something if the electricity could not make it to my house.

5. gats

gats Senior Investor

It would be convenient to have wireless electricity around the house, but I would let others be the guinea pigs before I install such technology. You never know what kind of long term complications could arise from it.

6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yep, that seems wise enough, diversification right, if for some reason they value a lot your money easily multiplies it's value. Sure, it's risky.