Woman has sex with a minor but gets cleared of all charges.

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Susimi, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

My thoughts are: if it was an adult man and a 14 year old girl this would have ended differently.
    But, sounds to me like they both wanted it, but it's still a crime to have sex with a minor so... surely she should still receive some sort of punishment?

3. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

Boy says he was threatened, the woman says she never did threaten him and he'd lied about his age too. Even though she believed the boy was 17 since she does admit she had sex with the him she shouldn't have been cleared of all charges. Get some leniency but get punishment nonetheless.

4. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

There is again more to this story, was he a friend of her son's and how did she meet or know him? People may judge and say she shouldn't be having sex with someone so young, but if he looked tall and older it can be hard to tell. Without seeing the boy, it does appear consensual as they had sex on more than one occasion, so why didn't he stop it earlier. To believe a 5ft woman can beat someone up would be hard, I think the boy's parents pushed for this because they feel their boy has been violated. Teenage boys are not always that innocent.

She was foolish to take photos and have what is casual sex with someone so young.

5. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I have to agree. Had the genders been reversed then the guy would be up on some serious charges, and it goes the same way whether they both wanted it or not in my view.

I just think this is a classic case of double standards in action.

6. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

It would have absolutely been a whole different case if the genders were reserved. 14 is damn young and easily impressionable too.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Well as others have said, if it was a male he'd be in jail and serving a long sentance as we speak. There does seem to be a case of double standards here and this isn't the first story like this were this as happened either.

Society seem to say that women can't be paedophiles but that isn't the case at all and BOTH sexes should be punished the same.

8. anders

anders Well-Known Member

Despite the efforts of feminists to claim that women are equal to men, their preferential treatment within the justice system proves that society doesn't consider females to have, or exercise, the same agency as men.

And this would be correct; women shouldn't be held to the same standard as men. Women are generally irresponsible and childlike, and it'd be unfair for the criminal justice system to treat them as competent adults.

Am I being serious here? Possibly. Possibly not. But if I'm wrong, why is it that women always receive more lenient sentences for equivalent crimes than men?

9. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

Because if the roles would be reversed then it wouldn't be politically correct. Same with religions, you can do all you want to Christians but if you even mention the world "muslim" then you are a racist. A white cop shoots a black man and it's international news and the whole city riots, a black cop shoots a white man and nothing happens.

Our current world is full of these.

10. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

The world really is messed up at the moment.

I'm all for feminism and equal action for all, but that has to mean equal actions for all, not just equal actions when it suits them. For instance two people get drunk and have sex, yet it's accepted that the woman was raped because she was under the influence of alcohol and could not consent, but then so was the guy, so should it not be a case of knowing your limits rather than letting yourself get into that situation in the first place?