Woman has sex with a minor but gets cleared of all charges.

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Susimi, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

That's exactly what's happening. It's so frustrating to watch as citizens of these countries are clearly suffering, but the politicians and the media are turning a blind eye toward the problem. Then they wonder why there's a rise in support for Right-Wing parties that they view as "racist". Herp derp.

2. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

Although many people will disagree with my opinion, if it is not rape then the woman should not be charged with anything. They both wanted to have sexual contact.

3. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

That's what it should be but the fact of the matter is she knowingly had sex with a minor. What makes the story stand out for me is their age difference. Had the ages been a year to a few years difference then I would look at this the same way as you are, but seeing as they are so far apart I just do not feel the same.

4. evelin

evelin Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't even want to imagine what the outcome would've been had it been a grown-up man. There should've been some sort of punishment regardless, but it seems that the judiciary system is not that "blind" after all.

5. 111kg

111kg Guest

I am 27 years old. If a 14 years old girls beggs me to f**k her, guess who is going to prison? I am.

Had it been a male, he would have been sentenced in a minute.

6. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Exactly this.

Had it been a male the jury would have decided within 30 minutes, if that. Classic case of double standards going on.

7. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

This, 1000x.

This is what pisses me off about this story, and there are lots of others like it. Either the criminal justice system is lenient, or people try and find excuses for the woman's behavior. Everyone knows that in cases like this, if the suspects were men, they'd lock them up and throw away the key.

Digging a little deeper, there are stories of lone men being harassed if they're near playgrounds, there are laws in some places preventing lone men from sitting next to children on airplanes; there's this perception that men who like to be around children are pedos, and I think that perception is part of what keeps men out of primary education fields. Ironically, it just opens the door for FEMALE sex offenders, and many people don't seem to have an issue with pedophilia if it's a grown female involved.

8. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Either this summer just gone or last years summer, there was a story about how a man visiting a bird of prey display was asked to leave because it was thought he could be a risk to the children who were also watching the display, all because he had a camera with him. I understand about child safety and the like but I think that was going way over the mark.

9. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

But she didn't know he was a minor, that was the point. The prosecution had to prove she did know and as the transcripts aren't available it's hard to tell. Yes, girls lie to men about their age too, but in law it's what can be proved.

I think she has been punished already. The jury will have been shown evidence, and they must have deemed it insufficient proof. Society always frowns at relationships with a huge age gap. I do think the blackmail scenario indicates the teenager may have encouraged her in order to extort money, thus as a motive the jury may have cleared her, as she was the victim.

10. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

I just can't get my head around that I'm afraid. How do you mistake someone in their early teens for being someone a lot older? Yeah I understand kids lie and make try to make themselves look a lot older then they actually are but this just seems pretty ridiculous to me.