Woman Starved To Death Trying To Live On Sunlight Alone

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Rainman, Oct 16, 2015.

1. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

Even flowers need water to grow. They must have been delusional to think that would work and they would live. It obviously went on for a long time, how sad.

2. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

you have to wonder why nobody intervened at some point. People must have known what she was doing. She must have told somebody. They should have noticed that she wasn't well. Sad to think if she was that alone that nobody even cared to try and get her help.

3. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Ummm, didn't she begin to think there was a problem when weight started dropping off of her like crazy? I mean if this was really possible to do, don't they think people would have discovered it by now? I mean really people!! I saw someone on TV who thought they could do this...Sure, sure....anyone who believes in this method, belongs in a mental hospital if you ask me.

4. missbishi

missbishi Well-Known Member

It is sad isn't it. She was clearly written off as "crazy" and whilst people may well have pointed the finger, it seems like nobody cared enough to make her get the help she so clearly needed.

5. Alex

Alex Senior Investor

She clearly had mental health issues, so someone should have stepped in and done something. The sad thing is complementary medicines and remedies can also be dangerous when people rely on them, and don't listen to other medical advice.

Sometimes too much information isn't good, especially for those who are not able to distinguish between theories and facts.

6. Susimi

Susimi Senior Investor

Did that woman seriously think that not eating and staring at the sun would be at all beneficial to her health?

I'm wondering if she had some sort of mental health problem that completely clouded her judgement, but if she didn't then I'm just shaking my head in dis-belief at her stupidity.