Women

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by MakeDollarsSense, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

Women more often than not give men terrible advice on dating, courtship and romance.

That said I think your advice is generally good, however:

Commenting on a beautiful woman's physical appearance can be a death knell to any interaction, since she may hear it over and over again, and a prospective suitor would only the latest in a line of shallow fools only fixated on her looks.

Other than that, you pretty much nailed it.

2. manoharb

manoharb Senior Investor

Commenting on a beautiful woman's physical appearance can be a death knell to any interaction, since she may hear it over and over again, and a prospective suitor would only the latest in a line of shallow fools only fixated on her looks.

yes, I agree with you, Talking about physical appearance can be a death knell. Everybody get old physically, women too.

real beauty is internal, her sincerity, her skills, her understanding etc. To stick together internal beauty is most important. Physical beauty is a god-gift , internal beauty depends on choices which she made. so better any man talk less about physical beauty, In fact, talking more about women's physical appearance is harmful for men, it can distract any man from her internal beauty.

1Dialogue of Bruce Lee from 'Enter The Dragon' movie.
    Don't look at finger otherwise you will miss that heavenly glory.

this explains everything, If you look at pointing finger, you can't see moon. Physical appearance is same like pointing finger, which keeps away men from internal beauty of women.

3. ScooterBrandon

ScooterBrandon Senior Investor

Glad to have a few of the fairer sex chime in on this one, as much as we can drone on and on about what we think, they really know whats up.
    I find that "situational humor" works well. Whatever is around you both can be turned into something funny.

4. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I think that most women like a man who can make this laugh and feel comfortable in a situation with a bit of human. It is much more relaxing if you can laugh together then to be serious all the time. People aren't as nervous when they are having fun together.

5. Kate

Kate Senior Investor

Very true... but I'd like to add a disclaimer to this. (After some baaaaaaaaaad experiences. hehe) :eek: Humor is wonderful... laughing together is bonding and perfect.

So why the disclaimer? It's to say that making the lady laugh is good, but being the class clown isn't... and man, have I known some of them. It's like nothing was taken seriously... everything was a joke. While we like to laugh and love a guy with a wonderful sense of humor, he needs to know the limits and sometimes we need to have a serious discussion without everything that comes out of his mouth an attempt to be comical. It simply doesn't work at all times.

6. L_B

L_B Well-Known Member

I do agree with you. The person has to know the limits and does have to be serious sometimes. I have known my share too and something that I thought was cute and funny at first started to get down right annoying as time went on.